Chapter 23 • Problematic

❦

"YES." She says agreeing with me "You have definitely gotten more bold, with what you want." Our lips touched igniting me with her sweetest taste.

We started moving towards my desk, and she gasped when she hit it. "Elijah, what if someone hears, my Dad hasn't left yet." Her voice trailed off slowly as I left soft kisses on her collarbone.

"Violette, I don't care if anyone or your Dad hears us." I stood there still standing in between her legs. "You make it extremely difficult for me to stay a gentleman, you drive me insane." I say as she looks up at with me with bright eyes.

"Also, why are you still so worried about your Father, Violette?" I couldn't help but ask. "I don't want him to see us yet." She replies "You are old enough to date whoever you want, it's none of his concern."

"Are you ashamed that you are dating someone who is much older than you?" She shook her head saying no. "What is it then?" I wait for her to answer "I'm not ready for my Father to hate or be disappointed in me." Her answer was short and simple.

"Disappointed in you or us?" I moved away from her. "Violette, I don't care what he thinks is the reason. I am in love with you, so I will go through these ups & downs with Samuel."

She sighed "Elijah"— "No let me finish please." I cut her off "Do you love me as much as I do to deal with the problems ahead of us." I look at her from the distance of me and the desk. "Of course I love you Elijah, I don't want him to hate me."

"Then I guess I should wait for you to come to realization, I don't like sneaking around him. I don't like looking at other men looking at you when I am with you and your Father."

"I don't like being hid in the dark, and that apparently doesn't concern you." I say lastly. "So therefore, I think I should wait for you." She got up once she hears that sentence. "I'm not breaking up with you, I just want you to come to realization"

"Don't say anything." "Let me take you home, and I'll be seeing you at your Father's New Years party."

I didn't even know how to react to all of this

But I couldn't deny most of it. It's not the age difference that matters to me, it's the fact he is so close with my Father, and I just didn't want him to ever find out anything. At least temporarily—

The car ride back was silent and filled with tension as we made it to my apartment. He parked near the front of the building knowing my Dad is at work still.

I bit down on my lip looking over at him but his sharp side profile was in my vision. He wasn't looking at me— Elijah put his hand through his hair with a sigh.

"I'll walk you to your door." He said getting out of the car, and so did I. "Elijah, are you picking me up tomorrow night?" I ask him as we made it upstairs then inside.

"It's probably for the best that I shouldn't, I"— He stops himself. We made it inside the elevator, and he didn't finish what he had to say. "Because I know you will look beautiful and that I wouldn't be able to control myself with sexual imagery of you." He steps out the elevator walking down the hallway to my door.

I go next to him as he stood in front of my door,  I unlocked it. I turn back around to look at him "My brother Elliot will be there, so you'll see him, and he will definitely be charming you." He said dryly. We both just stayed quiet for at least a minute or two.

Elijah opened his mouth but stopped himself. "What's wrong?" I question him; he didn't answer my question. Elijah got close enough to put one of his big hands on the back of my head. Pulling me in to kiss him and of course I did.

He always knew how to kiss me like I was the only thing he craved. Once the kiss broke his dark blue eyes examined me again "Elijah"— I say and he whispers no to me. "I love you, and I'll see you tomorrow." He drops his hand down and walks away down the hall.

I close the door in front of me, then I hit my back against it. "Oh my god.." I groaned loudly "Vio what are you whining about." Devyn said while still packing up her bedroom.

She was starting to move her stuff into her girlfriends house and I was happy for her. I'm glad she met someone other than me, who actually cares for her beautiful soul. "I'm already fucking up our relationship Dev" I slump over to the couch.

"I have a feeling that it's because you still haven't told your Dad." She came in the living room with me to sit down. I furrow my eyebrows at her once I looked at her "Violette if you really love Elijah, you shouldn't be caring about what your Father thinks of you both."

"If he can't help but overreact, then whatever he's gonna get over it eventually." She rolled her eyes. "He loves you enough to not care about Samuel, even though he is all quiet & innocent," "He knows what he likes, and he chose someone wonderful." She nudged my shoulder.

"Okay, enough sulking Violette." She scoffed. "But I feel like an idiot right now." I groaned as she pulled me up from the couch. "Well fix it immediately, I know he loves you."

"Now go and get some sleep before you head out to this party." She demands to me softly.

- Short little update for you all ❤️