Chapter 6 • Our Painted Flowers

"Where the hell are you going?" Devyn sees me about to walk out the door on Saturday morning

"You know exactly where I'm heading." I stop myself from opening the door. "It's 8:13 in the morning, V." She walks up to me in her plaid pajama pants and cream tank top. "He can wait." Her hands rubbed my shoulders as I stood there.

"I'm purposely going early to get this done faster." Also some other naughty things in mind. "Yeah, you better be." She scoffed "You, Miss." I point my finger at her "Have a girl to talk with that's not me." I mentioned as I took her hands away from my shoulders.

"I'm gonna go see the handsome devil in glasses." I wave goodbye as I close the door quickly.

x.

Elijah told me to meet him at his beautiful apartment. He says he had something to help with making him leave.

I sat in the car impatiently as I wait for him to send me a message back. As my car was parked in front of the modern apartment I see another car pull up behind me, seeing him quickly get out of the car. He was not wearing his normal attire like I've seen him this entire week. Elijah wore a long sleeve pale white sweater with also grey sweatpants going down his long legs.

A silver cross necklace bounced around his neck when he goes up the staircase leading towards the main lobby of his home.

I open my door getting out for him to see me.

"Good morning Violette." He nods his head "Morning to you too." I followed him as he started going inside the white building.

"You have a very..clean place," I say as I look up seeing a white chandelier dangling in the main entrance. "Does anyone else live here?" I ask not seeing a damn thing around.

"Only two other people." "Three penthouses are placed in this building." He tells me to go up a large white spiraling staircase leading to his penthouse.

"What are we starting with, Elijah," I question when he opens the door entering the ridiculously huge living space.

Once again, another fancy light hung down in almost the middle of the room. Under the light, two dark grey couches meet across from one another added with a small circular table in between. "We could try something like painting or drawing." "But I'm most advanced in pottery, I should say." He offers to me as he walks over to his kitchen.

"Let's try something I am familiar with..like painting" I responded with one of his options. "That definitely works." Elijah agrees as he walks away from the kitchen while going towards a two door closet.

His hands took out a canvas, then a dark wooden easel, and stools.

"Shall we get started with this?"