Frostbite.

AUTHORS NOTE: yes i know i named three chapters the same thing but with different punctuation. There's a reason for that😭

                                    Y/N POV

You opened my eyes and tried to sit up but something was holding you. What the? You looked down and saw arms wrapped around your waist. You slowly turned around to see who was holding you.

Ghost. He was sleeping. With his skull balaclava on.
Who the hell sleeps with a mask?

Why am I in his room? In his bed. You thought.

You tried to get up but his arms pulled you back.
Was he awake? He looked like he was sleeping.

"Ghost." You said out loud. Your back was to him and his arms were not letting go at all.

Suddenly he let go of you and jumped out of bed. It scared you.

"Chill the fuck out it's me." You yelled.

"Sorry, I thought i'd be awake before you." He said coldly.

"Why am I in here?" You asked looking around. You were in his clothes too.

"Well we got back to base but you were passed out." Ghost started explaining. "A medic took care of your ankle and I took care of the gash on your arm. The medic said you had frostbite and what to do. So I kept you in my room with me to keep you warm."

You smiled at him. An actual smile. Then you realized. He had to undress you. Was the medic around when he did? You knew he saw the front half of you naked but the scar on your back is what you were mainly worried about.

Ghost noticed your face change.

"What's wrong?" He walked up to you.

"You had to undress me."

He sighed.
"Yes, don't get mad. Your clothes were wet and you needed to be in dry ones."

"Did you see?" You asked. He looked at you confused.

"The scar on your chest and stomach? Yes I did. But i've seen them before so nothing to worry about."

Okay phew he hadn't seen the one on your back.

"I need to go to the medic about my leg." He grumbled and limped out of the room.

What was happening? He literally did not want to let you go this morning and then told you he did it just to help you. You hated physical touch but when Ghost was holding you, you didn't even mind.

Just wait til he sees that scar on your back. He won't ever want to hold you again.

You held back tears. You should probably get out of his room. You looked around his room studying it .

It was so neat and tidy. Almost everything was black except the walls. You noticed a smashed mirror by his dresser. Why was it smashed?

You left his room going into your own. You had a medical boot on your left ankle. Son of a bitch.

You walked into your room and went to see if the water was fixed in your bathroom. It was.

You stripped from Ghosts clothes and stared at yourself in the mirror. You had bruises everywhere from the fall. Your arm had been wrapped because of the gash. You look like hell.

You felt a little cold too. Must be the frostbite.

You turned the water all the way hot and stood there for awhile.

When you got out and got dressed, you walked into the rec room. Soap, Price and Ghost were there.

"Frostbite, come sit." Price said pointing at the couch.

You sat there next to Ghost. Price and Soap were standing.

You looked at Ghost, he had a leg brace on his leg. Great he was hurt too.

"This pains me to say but you two need a break. You both have to at least take a month break." Price told us. I almost stood up. A month? Hell no, they'd be done with everything by then.

"Fuck no." Ghost said. "I'm not being stuck at base just me and her."

Rude. He's such a hard ass. He was more worried about being here alone with me then just being here at all.

"You both have to. You have a hurt leg and can't move as fast and Frostbite has a hurt ankle and she got frostbite." Price explained.

Soap laughed.
"Frostbite got frostbite?!" He yelled and laughed at the same time. You smiled. It was kinda funny but not really.

Ghost on the other hand rolled his eyes.
"Yeah it's real funny unless you're the one who had to take care of her."

Now this got to you. He didn't have to take care of me. He didn't have to do shit.

"Coming from the one who wouldn't let go of me this morning in his bed." I said glaring at him. He didn't respond. Stupid asshole.

"Fine. At least rest for a week and we'll see what happens after that." Price suggested. A week? I guess that's better than a month.

Price left the rec room. You got up and went to your room.
As soon as you shut your door, someone knocked. You opened it. It was Soap.

"Hey I started painting another picture." He said smiling.

"Tell me when it's finished and I'll look."
He nodded and left your room.

You sat on your bed. What were you gonna do for a week?

You grabbed the burner phone from your bag to see Shepard had sent a message.
"Price informed me what happened. I'm disappointed Frostbite. How could you let yourself get hurt? You better not be getting distracted there Y/N."

Disappointed? It wasn't your fault you were shoved off a fucking ledge. You weren't distracted either.
"It wasn't my fault Shepherd. I'm not distracted either."

He replied immediately.
"Better not be. You know why you're there. You're not there for having fun and shit."

You decided not to respond. He was right. You weren't there to have fun. Which was what you were doing. Having fun with Soap, making funny comments at Ghost.

Snap back into it Frostbite. Remember why you're called that.

Right. Snap back into it. Be as cold as you felt that night you were shoved off a ledge.