Emotions? Whats that?

Ghost POV

I watched as Frostbite ran back into base. Fuck. Was it what I said?

Of course it was what I said. I was just telling her she had to train with me instead of Soap because they weren't being appropriate just for me to make inappropriate comments.

I saw her face though before she ran. She blushed.
Did she run because she didn't like showing emotion? Price had told us that she wouldn't be close with us at first or not even at all because she was cold. He had looked at me when he said it too.

I wanna know why she's cold. I'm sure she's wondering why I am too. I don't want her to know about me though. I don't wanna see the look on her face when she finds out about my past.

Pity

That's the look Price gave me when I told him. He's the only one that knows why I'm cold. Soap just accepted it without knowing.

I hated it. I didn't want people to feel sorry for me, I wanted them to see that I've grown stronger from the trauma.

I've grown cold to it. That's why I am how I am.
I don't plan on growing close to Y/N at all either. No matter how many times Soap told me I should.

Getting closer with Y/N would be a risk. Risk of me hurting her. Risk of her finding out about me. Just a big risk.

I walked inside to go find her. To apologize. Something I don't normally do.

But I saw the look in her eyes. It looked like fear.
What was she afraid of? Me?

It was just a comment. A bit sexual but I just wanted to see her reaction from it.

She wasn't in the rec room so she must be in her room. I walked to her room and knocked on the door.

No answer. Her shower was running though.
I sat down against my door, across from hers. Waiting for her to come out.

After an hour of waiting, she still hasn't come out.
Was she pissed?

I got up and knocked again.
No answer.

God dammit.

I sat back down and waited. I'll sit here all night if I have to.

Another hour went by.
Soap walked out of his room.

"Hey man what's going on?"
I didn't answer.

"My alarm didn't go off, I hope Frostbite isn't pissed I missed training." He continued.

Oh she's pissed alright.

"She's in there and won't come out." I told him.

He looked at me confused.

"Okay and why are you sitting outside her door?"

I wasn't about to tell Soap I turned off his alarm so she could train with me and not him. I definitely weren't going to tell him I did it out of jealousy either.

I won't admit it out loud but I was jealous. I don't even know why. I don't get jealous. She's only been here three days and I feel this sort of pull to her.

I didn't like it. At first I tried to ignore it. Then I heard that Soap would be training with her and I felt it more. When I watched them train together it took everything in me to not punch Soaps face in. He was smiling so much after it happened.

I couldn't do anything though. It would show jealousy and Soap would detect it immediately. Soap and me have been close. He hasn't seen me without my mask, but we're still close. Only person i've let get close to me in years.

"I need to talk to her." I said firmly hoping he wouldn't ask anymore questions.

He smiled down at me and went back to his room. Stupid fucker. He knew something was up.

When is she going to come out? She can't stay in there forever.

(AUTHORS NOTE: sorry for making this one so short but the next part I want to be in Y/N pov. Again I apologize 😭)