The Ghost

You left your room to see Gaz was back with the pizza.

Soap was already digging in. You walked up and grabbed a slice and sat on the couch next to Soap.

"I can't believe you like pepperoni more than meat lovers." You rolled your eyes.

"Best topping there is."

Soap didn't respond and just kept eating his pizza.

After you finished he asked you if you would stay to watch a movie this time.

"Maybe another day Soap, I wanna read for a little bit." You said standing up.

He didn't whine this time but the disappointment on his face was back. You started feeling guilty. No. There's no reason for you to feel guilty. This is your second day here, you didn't owe this guys anything. You barley know them. You still didn't know if you wanted to get close to them yet. You were afraid. Afraid to get close. Afraid to hurt them, afraid of them hurting you. Ghost was already a dick to you and he didn't even know you. If Soap found out your past, he would act the same.

You left the rec room without another word and walked into your room.

You started reading the book you had brought, enjoying the quiet.

After an hour of reading you heard a knock at your door.

"Come in." You said without looking up from your book.

Soap walked in.

"Just wanted to remind you we are training again tomorrow at 9am."

You looked up from your book.

"I kinda figured since you said we'd be meeting everyday."

Soap smiled.

"Great, Ill let you get back to your book." He said and then started to leave.

"Soap."

He turned around.

"Thanks for the picture." You smiled at him.

He smiled at you again.

"Glad you are starting to warm up around here Frosty." He said before leaving your room.

Your smile dropped. No. You didn't want to warm up. You wanted Ghost to warm up to you. Not you warm up in general. Your coldness could not melt. As much you would love to let it melt, you couldn't let it.

You put your book down and got ready for bed, setting your alarm for 8 am this time.

You woke up and turned your alarm off. Putting on new clothes. What were you supposed to do with your dirty ones? Price hadn't showed you a laundry room. You left them on the bathroom floor and left your room.

You made yourself breakfast hoping you wouldn't run into Ghost again and have another argument. It was your third day here and you didn't want to argue again. It was annoying.

After you finished your breakfast and washed your dishes you heard someone behind you. You turned around to see Ghost. Not again.

You ignored him and dried your hands.

"You don't have to do that you know." He said.

You looked at him confused. Was he talking about you ignoring him?

"The dishes. Usually I do them."

Oh. He didn't strike you as the type to do dishes.

"Oh. Okay, I feel like I should be doing my own dishes since this isn't my base." You explained.