Frostbite

Y/N POV

                          *Time Skip*

It was getting colder out. Now that it's the beginning of December. You've been at Prices base for almost two months now. Ever since that mission, you haven't seen Graves. And thank god for that.

Soap and Gaz were going out to do a mission while you, Ghost and Price were doing a different one. You and Ghost never talked about what happened that day. Just wanting to act like it didn't happen.

It never left your mind though. His scars. You were intrigued. You started getting closer to Soap, he was just like the big brother you wish you had.

Christmas was coming up. You parents hadn't contacted you. What did you expect? They haven't contacted you in over a year. When you started coming home for visits with blood on your clothes they looked at you differently. Called you a killer.
You called them last year for Christmas. They never returned your call.

You hadn't cracked Ghost yet, but you were getting there. In return he was cracking you. You keep trying and trying to be cold but he was warming you. Soap helping with that. You were finally getting comfortable around base. Joining movie nights, eating with everyone. Laughing and smiling. It felt weird. At all the other bases, you just stayed in your room most of the time. Didnt get comfortable or close knowing you would eventually have to kill them. But here, here was different. You could get close and comfortable. Shepard said this wasn't that type of mission. It felt nice. You felt accepted.

"It's bloody fucking cold out." Ghost said behind you.

You laughed. "Did you expect it to be warm out?" You turned looking at him.
He rolled his eyes.

You and Ghost were making your way up the hills that were now covered in snow. Price kept calling it a  mountain. Price was watching you through a sniper, taking out cartel that you and Ghost couldn't see.

"Almost to the top captain." You said into the radio. Price got you a new one since yours broke from ripping it off. Soap and Ghost didn't ask about Graves again thank god.

You and Ghost reached the top looking around for the storage unit container that supposedly had one of the missiles in it. Cartel were surrounding it.

You snuck up one side of the storage unit and Ghost went up the other side to sneak up on the two cartel guarding it.

You knifed the guy while Ghost killed the other one.
Then a guard turned around seeing you two.

"Hey! What are you doing here?!" He yelled.

"They're alerted Price." I yelled into the radio.

"I can't hit them from here!" He yelled back.
Fuck.

You started shooting hiding at the side of the container.

"There's too many Frostbite! Fall back!" Ghost yelled into the radio.

"No! We are this close to finding one of the missiles. We can do this!" You yelled back at him.
You looked at him. He shook his head and kept shooting.

He was right, there were too many.

He ran up to you and grabbed your hand dragging you to the edge.

"We can't jump Ghost, we'll die!" You yelled at him.
He looked around for where we had came from.

Cartel was shooting and running at us. You turned around and started shooting while Ghost looked for where to go.

You didn't see that one of the men had snuck up beside you.

"See you later fucker." He yelled and shoved you backwards. Catching you by surprise you dropped your gun.

"Frostbite!" You heard Ghost yelled. You fell down the steep hill, the snow wasn't thick enough to protect you from the rocks. After falling/rolling for what seemed like forever you landed hard on your back in water.

"Fuck me." You stood up but fell right back down.
You looked at your ankle and could just tell it was broken or sprained. You could still hear yelling from up above. You crawled to lean against a tree.

"Price! They push Froste o th ee!" You heard Ghost yell but his words were cracking and sounding funny.

"Frost. Do y cop?" You heard Price ask into the radio.
You tried to respond but it wouldn't work. Must be no fucking signal down here. You shivered. Your wet clothes didn't help. It was getting colder. Soon the yelling and gun shots stopped. What was going on? You pulled your arm out of your jacket to see you were bleeding bad.
You knew you'd have bruises everywhere.

You tried to yell out to Ghost and Price but you couldn't tell loud enough. You felt your eyes dropping. No. Must stay awake. The wind being knocked out of you made you tired and you were losing so much blood.

Eventually you passed out.

You jolted awake hearing someone talking. You didn't recognize the voice. You reached for your gun but remembered you dropped it. You only had your knife on you. You pulled it out still leaning against the tree.

"Frostbite!" The voice yelled. Ghost.

"I'm over here!" You tried to yell out but no sound came out. What the fuck?

You heard Ghost yell again. How is he going to know i'm over here? You peered around the tree to see if you could see him. He was standing next to a tree looking around, not facing you.

With your good arm you grabbed your knife and aimed it at the tree. You threw it and it hit the tree. Ghost saw it and turned around pulling out his gun. Then he spotted you.

He ran to you. He had a limp. Did something happen?

"Are you injured?" You nodded.
"That was a dumb question, of course you're hurt." He said.
He grabbed his radio to talk into it.
"What the fuck? It won't work."

"No service down here." He nodded.

You used your good arm and pointed at the other one. He pulled your arm out of your jacket.

"Fucking hell." He took off his vest and jacket and started ripping his shirt. He grabbed peroxide out of his vest.

"This is gonna hurt." He said. You nodded and watched as he poured it on the deep gash on your arm.
You started to scream. He covered your mouth with his other hand.
After he was done he started wrapping the ripped pieces of the shirt around your cut. He put your arm back in the jacket.

He put his jacket back on and vest.

He looked at you shivering and noticed you starting to pass out.

"No no! Frostbite stay with me!" You heard him yell before you passed out again.