I've Moved On

31st December 2014, NYE...

Ollie: Well, cheers to you, my little pal.

We clink our glasses together as we stand on the balcony of Ollie's apartment overlooking Newcastle.

Me: What a fucking year.
Ollie: Yeah, what a year. But you know what?
Me: What?
Ollie: You're set for LA life now, I know it. The way you've conducted yourself the last year, you should be proud of yourself. I know your Mum and Dad are.
Me: Thanks dude.
Ollie: You still think about her?
Me: All the fucking time, it's literal torture. But I know I've moved on, I just need to take that next step.

Ollie bursts out laughing at me.

Me: What?

He keeps going.

Me: Fuck's sake, what now?
Ollie: You, you sound gay as fuck.
Me: There'll be a reason for that.
Ollie: Yeah but like, really really gay. There's no next step you dumb fuck, you just move onto someone better. Besides, who knows?
Me: What?
Ollie: You might find yourself a nice rich Hollywood actress to sink your teeth into.

I take a sip of my drink and shake my head.

Me: Not me, nope. There's no one better than Hailee.
Ollie: Even after what she did?
Me: Even after what she did.
Ollie: I wish I was as forgiving as you. If Joni did that to me, there'd be a riot.
Me: He wouldn't cheat, he's completely obsessed with you. What does he do anyway?
Ollie: Wardrobe.
Me: For who?
Ollie: It varies I think. I'm too wrapped up sometimes to ask. He gets it.
Me: I'm really happy for you, Ol. Really happy, you deserve every happiness.
Ollie: So do you, remember that.

Everyone around us starts the countdown for New Year, Ollie heads back in to be with Joni as I stay on the balcony, happy to watch the celebrations from afar. Midnight strikes, the cheers start in the apartment and the fireworks cover the skyline.

 Midnight strikes, the cheers start in the apartment and the fireworks cover the skyline

Ollie raises his glass and smiles and I reciprocate as Perrie hugs me from behind.

Perrie: Happy New Year, little sis.
Me: Happy New Year.