Maybe This Isn't Right

September 2014, 2 Years Later...

Me: "Yes Mam, I have my phone, I have my keys, I have my jacket. I'll be fine."
Mam: "I know love, I'm just worried. Who are you going out with again?"
Me: "Just Hailee and her brother."
Mam: "Who else?"
Me: "Just Hailee and Griffin, Mam. No one else."
Mam: "Are you going to be drinking?"
Me: "Absolutely not. Can you put the phone down and stop smothering me now?"
Mam: "Sorry love, of course. Okay, you'll text me when you get home?"
Me: "Yeah. Love you, bye."
Mam: "Wait! Your Dad..."

I put the phone down before that conversation gets any longer.

The last couple of years have been hella quiet. Worked on a few things, made myself some good money, and somehow managed to keep a long distance relationship going through it all.

I take the lift in the apartment to the garage, checking out my outfit in the lift mirror before stepping out.

I wander over to my car, well, the management team's hire car for the time I'm in LA again; a blacked out G Wagon

As soon as I drive out of the garage my phone rings, so I answer on the wheel.

Me: "Hello?"
Griffin: "Yo, Hailee's getting dressed, you on your way?"
Me: "Yeah, just left. Want me to pick you guys up? Saves you driving."
Griffin: "Yeah, good idea actually. See you soon. Gate code is 7762."
Me: "Dangerous game giving me the gate code, Grif. Dangerous game indeed."
Griffin: "If Dad knew I'd given you it, you'd be toast. See you in a sec."

I pull up at Hailee's gate in no time and enter the code, except it doesn't work, so I ring the buzzer.

Griffin: "What's hilarious is that you actually fell for that. We'll meet you outside the gate."
Me: You're an arsehole. See you in a min.

After a couple of minutes of waiting, the pair emerge from the side gate and hop in the car.

Me: You look beautiful, babe.
Hailee: How do you always know what I'm wearing so we match?
Griffin: That would be me this time.