Girlfriend

September 2011...

Ollie: Your Mum called, she's worried about your drinking. You drunk texted her like 17 times last night or something.
Me: Why are you speaking so fucking loudly? Keep it down, jackass.
Ollie: Y/N, I'm starting to get worried again.
Me: Inside voice, please.

He rolls his eyes and walks away while I nurse my hangover. So what if I'm drinking a little, the migraines I keep getting are killing me. Alcohol helps...until the next morning.

I get up steadily and walk over to the kitchen, pulling out a bottle of water and resting it against my head.

Ollie: Hangover headache or migraine?
Me: Bit of both.
Hailee: Yeah, you called me last night too.

Hailee peeks around the corner, making herself comfortable on the couch.

Me: Did you give her a key or something? She just lets herself in these days.

He turns me around, whispering.

Ollie: Don't hurt her, she's a nice girl. You might need someone like that to level you out a little.
Me: She's not my girlfriend, Ollie.
Ollie: Why not? I see you staring at her all the time, ask her out. Just...without alcohol, or sniff.
Me: Fine. Haiz?

She turns her head and smiles.

Me: Wanna go out?
Hailee: Um...
Me: With me? Like on a date?
Hailee: Can I pay?
Me: Absolutely not.

She rolls her eyes.

Hailee: Did you mean what you said on the phone last night?
Me: Depends what I said.
Hailee: I'm gonna go with a no in that case, but sure. Where?
Me: I've got a good plan, trust me. I'll pick you up at like 6?
Hailee: Sure, see you then.

She kisses my cheek and heads back out, back to her manager's apartment.

Ollie: You don't have a plan, do you?
Me: Of course not, it's me. When do I ever have a plan?
Ollie: You must be a really good kisser or something, because your personality alone is absolutely terrible.
Me: I'm good at everything, Oliver, you've seen it all before.
Ollie: Don't remind me, I never want to walk in on you again. Just, please don't hurt her.
Me: What makes you think I'll hurt her?
Ollie: You probably need to do a huge detox, that's what your parents want, but I'm telling them lies to make sure you stay out of any rehab facility. If you keep going the way you're going, she's the only one that gets hurt and you force my hand. You know how it works.
Me: Don't worry about me, I'm fine. Okay, I need to shop for an outfit, coming or nah?
Ollie: I have a call with my boss at 2, you go. And no coke, please.
Me: Yes sir.

I salute him jokingly and head out into town to buy a new outfit.

As I reach the store, a whole bunch of paparazzi surround the same store I'm heading into, so I just ignore them and wander in anyway. I'm a little used to it back home, but they aren't here for me so it's fine. I keep myself to myself as I brush past the stuff I don't want, until I reach the rail I wanna be at, only a hand stops me from looking through it.

Me: Excuse me, sorry, you're kinda...
???: Oh, sorry honey. I'll move.

Only when I hear the super raspy voice do I realise who I'm moving.

Me: Oh, um...sorry. If you were looking I can wait.
???: I was being lazy, you're all good to look. Are you here on your own?
Me: Yeah, I have an apartment with my manager just across the street. I'm working just now but have the day off.
???: What do you do?
Me: I'm an actress, this is my first time to LA so I'm just keeping my head down. I'm pleased those guys outside aren't for me anyway.
???: How old are you?
Me: 15. I don't act over here yet, just in the UK.
???: Well good luck. Maybe I'll meet you again someday.
Me: You will, I'm counting on it, Ms Johansson.