The Aftermath

The courtroom was quiet with only the sound of the judge rustling paper filling the room. It was almost like a distraction away from the dread.

"The fate of the four reformed members has been decided. They will be declared citizens."

All four of the reformed members breathed out in relief at the judge's verdict. Chikazoku grinned under his bangs while Kizuki let out a small whoop.

"However, like previously, each one of them will be required to complete a substantial amount of community service," the judge announced. "With that, the four of you are free to continue on with your life. But if you fall like the fifth one, you will be dealt with swiftly."

After that, the judge and other officials walked out of the room leaving the reforming villains to themselves with the jury exiting out as they continued celebrating.

"What do we do now?"

"The program has enough funding to set everyone up with money to get clothes and a place to live," Midoriya explained, which made them relax at the news. The program has received considerable funding since the first program succeeded. "And I'll make sure each of you get jobs."

"Speaking of that," Shimura said while he walked up to them. They all turned to stare at the reformed villain who looked more carefree with a dog nestled in his arm. "Geten, I've been speaking with a few businesses for you. I think one of them might be what you are looking for."

Geten pumped his fist in the air with Hanabata laughing loudly behind him. Chikazoku immediately started asking questions about any tech related company or business he could get dibs on.

Kizuki whispered over her shoulder, "Do you happen to know any filming companies who need someone of my expertise with their shows?"

"I don't. But I'll make sure to look out for one," Midoriya grinned.

*

Shimura wasn't lying about the business. And he was so glad that he wasn't.

It was an ice sculpture decor business that specializes in special events with artists trained to make cold complicated creations. And they were more than willing to add him on their team when they noticed just how comfortable he was with the ice and the cold conditions they work in.

Especially with the use of his quirk that allowed them to gather their ice quickly instead of walking to the large freezer in their work space.

It was a bit lazy on their end, but he can't complain since their expressions brightened up each time he dragged the ice through the air to where they needed it.

But sculpting the ice he dragged in was different. The artist side of the business were currently trying to take him on as an apprentice. But his sculpting skills need a bit more work than they originally thought.

Geten grimaced as his mentor laughed at his attempt to make a lovely dove. It was more like the kind of bird vultures would feast on.

"You're doing great," his mentor reassured despite the crack in their voice.

Geten slowly looked up with his ice work in his hands. He turned his head to face his mentor as the head of his dove fell onto the floor from its too-thin neck.

"Really?" Geten raised his eyebrows as his mentor's laughter filled the air.

*

Kizuki adjusted the discount rug she bought with her last paycheck onto the floor. She clapped when she adjusted the end of it to fully stretch it out between her secondhand-couch.

Her apartment was lackluster since it was the only one she could get before her paycheck could actually buy something more satisfactory. But with each payment, she set aside money to make it feel more like a home.