Break=Reform

"Have you considered looking towards a more religious outlook and turning to prayer?"

Midoriya logged out of the online meeting as fast as he could as soon as he heard the other therapist's advice. He sighed to himself, "Time to cancel the second appointment I made with them. Maybe I can find another one within the week to actually help with this."

Maybe he was being hasty trying to find a whole other therapist. And it didn't help that his main one had relocated somewhere else.

He glanced down at the email icon at the bottom of his computer screen. He turned away and closed the laptop with a click.

"I'm fine. I'm just fine. I'll just talk to myself until I can find a therapist to help me through this."

Izuku glanced to the side to see a framed photo of his mother and him when he was younger. He smiled at the photo until the reflection in the glass portrayed his face.

Slowly, his reflection melted into the face of All for One smiling back at him. He sneered back at the photo frame, reaching out to slam it against his desk.

Midoriya took a deep breath in before dragging his hands down his face. "I'm totally fine."

*

"So when exactly did you entertain the idea of giving up the villain's life? I remember we talked about it in an earlier session, but we haven't really gone into detail about it. And given these circumstances," Midoriya pursed his lips together, raising his gaze to meet All for One's scarred face. "I want to refresh on that idea."

"I told you once before in one of our sessions. I believe it was after the first reform program with Tomura and the others," All for One explained as Midoriya taps his foot against the ground. "I told you about how I was considering giving it all up at one point. But the life I made in the underground dragged me back in."

"And when did all of that happen?" Midoriya asked, trying to find out the timeline. And he knew enough from Tenko to lay down a somewhat accurate timeline. "Before or after you decided to take in Tenko."

"I had Tomura by the time I was considering leaving. But it wasn't as simple as you may think," All for One paused as his head slightly tilted back. "When I saw him on the alleyway, all I could think of was that he would be perfect against All Might. But then the idea of my family made me doubt my actions.

"Both sides tore me into two. I kept going back and forth between making Tomura my successor and continuing with my image. Or finally retiring from my name and letting it rest like an urban legend." All for One kept going as Midoriya listened intently. The villain's face ended up falling into a sneer, "I almost made my full decision but then All Might found me."

"I couldn't go back to my home while I was unrecognizable. Not when I was injured so badly and needed years to recover. And while I was resting, the thoughts of the more evil side of my life took over from there." All for One continued. "It all went on from there with Tomura slowly forming into my successor until now. Where my successor is free to live his life while I am stuck here."

"While you are stuck here facing the consequences," Midoriya leaned back. He crossed his arms and let out a small chuckle. "While the one part of the choice you left behind is on the other side of this glass."

"I didn't want to leave you two behind at first. But I look like this. I would have scared you both if I showed up in this form."

"Mom would have still loved you. You don't hear the way she talks about you, how she still talks about you because she doesn't know who you are," Izuku gritted his teeth at the glass. He clenched his fingers into the edge of his shirt. "You weren't there when I had to hear her cry every night because you weren't there. If you came home, she would have accepted you no matter what you looked like. So your looks aren't a good enough excuse by itself."