Curiosity Revived the Cat and Killed it Again

Kizuki was pretty pissed.

Yesterday was one of the top ten contenders for the worst days of her life. It's right up there with that horrible midnight haircut where she chopped her bangs off right before picture days and being arrested.

Her day started bad with that drama show, then she got to hope that she could have real-life drama from the therapist, but then the therapist just told her that her journalist work was bad.

Like what the hell?

He had no right to criticize her work like that...

Although she was appreciative that he read her earlier work. She took pride in making those pieces for small businesses before she got into the real dramatic meat of her later stories.

But the fact that he critiqued her later work so far as to say that it 'didn't feel like journalism'. Ooh, that made her mad.

Luckily, seeing Geten choke when she walked out of the office yesterday was worth it. Free that, she had spent the rest of the day calming down as the therapist interacted with Hanabata and Geten a bit more than usual with Chikazoku grimacing in a corner of himself.

And with the new day, she was slightly less pissed at the other day since she had dreamt a better ending for said drama. However, the therapist's words were still following her around.

She can admit that her later work was dedicated to helping the Meta Liberation Army, so, logically, it wouldn't feel like her earlier work. But she still didn't know how to feel with the therapist throwing her introductory college lessons back at her.

Nevertheless, she woke up a bit later in the day which meant that the three men weren't on her floor anymore. But when she opened the door, she felt a spark of curiosity alight at the sight of the boarded-up doorway that led to the third floor that was supposedly off-limits.

It had drawn her curiosity ever since the therapist said it was off-limits. Of course, she didn't have the right tools to take it down, but it still drew her attention every day.

"HA! OH MY GOODNESS! THIS IS AMAZING!"

Kizuki hurriedly turned her attention away from the blockade at the next stairwell to direct her attention to the loud sounds coming from the first floor. With a sigh, her curiosity about the stairwell had to wait as she made her way toward the stairs leading to the first floor.

As she walked down, it was clear that the sounds were from Chikazoku. It was obvious from him practically bending backward as he laughed maniacally.

"Hey! Welcome to the dumpster fire show!" Chikazoku shouted out from his seat. "Starring all of us!"

"What do you mean?" Kizuki questioned.

Geten, who was sitting near the end of the bigger couch, raised the volume on the television so they could hear over Chikazoku's laughter, "—reports say that a new reform program session is in progress. An insider told us that allegedly members of the Meta Liberation Army are current—"

"Woah, are they talking about us on television?" Kizuki asked, coming even closer as Chikazoku kept laughing. Suddenly, Midoriya was walking down the hallway with a curious look on his face, from the yawning Kizuki could only correctly assume that he had just woken up from Chikazoku's laughter.

"Hmm," The therapist hummed as he inspected the screen with a narrowed gaze. Hanabata watched him from his place leaning on the kitchen island. "They shouldn't know this kind of information already."

"How so?" Geten asked

"The reform program will only be televised after a verdict has become of it. But it looks like something must have leaked early this time around," Midoriya replied. He stood up from his seat and started sauntering to the hallway. "I'll be back. I need to contact some people in charge to let them know about this situation."