| 𝐔𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐨𝐰𝐬𝐞𝐫 |

Beginne am Anfang

Though it was becoming more and more difficult for me to repel my feelings for the guy. While I didn't want to foolishly entertain the idea of him liking me, it felt like he always did something that made me believe there was a chance he might like me too.

When he held my face a few days ago and smiled at me, part of me wanted to believe that he wanted to tell me he had feelings for me. But it could just be wishful thinking on my part.

We haven't hung out too much since then, but he peeked in on me daily. Well, except for today that is but maybe he's busy with his duties.

I was about to change into my pajamas but was stopped in my tracks when I heard a knock. I opened the door to see Junior with a frown on his face.

"Junior?" I blinked, a bit surprised by his unexpected visit.

"Luigi. I'm worried about my dad." He said.

"Why, is he okay?" I asked, kneeling down to his level.

"No. He's been acting off all day. He's been really quiet and when I went to visit him, he didn't let me in. He told me he wanted to be alone." He frowned, eyeing the ground.

"I'll go talk to him. Just leave it to me, okay?" I told him, patting him on his head.

He gave a nod and went on his way. As Junior headed back to his room, I began making my way to Bowser's room. When I arrived at his room doors, the two henchmen guarding his room door glanced at me.

"I need to see Bowser." I said firmly.

"The king wishes to be alone right now." One of them responded

"I'm his adviser." I reminded them with a determined look.

The two henchmen exchanged a look, then looked back at me and nodded. The guard opened the door and held it open.

I thanked him, stepping into the room with the door shutting behind me. I noticed Bowser sitting on the edge of his bed, his hands relaxed on his legs.

I could only assume he was in deep thought judging by the distressed look on his face, and the fact that he didn't notice me enter his room. I took a breath before making my presence known.

"Bowser?" I said

He immediately turned towards me, a startled look appearing on his face.

"L-Luigi?!" He jumped, getting up from his bed."I didn't hear you come in."

"My apologies. I didn't mean to startle you." I told him.

"Did you need me for something?" He asked.

"I came here to check on you. Junior told me something might have been bothering you."

"Oh... I'll be fine. Today is just one of those days. It'll pass." He said, stepping towards me with a shrug.

"You hardly look like you've gotten any rest." I frowned.

"Do I?"

"Yeah. Is there something keeping you up?"

"It's nothing."

"Are you sure? Junior made it sound like something was really bothering you."

"It's not that important." He crossed his arms with an uneasy look forming on his face.

"It must be if it's stopping you from sleeping."

He frowned before walking back over to his bed. I followed behind him, sitting beside him on the edge of the bed.

"Did you want to tell me what's bothering you?" I asked.

"I'd rather not." He sighed, avoiding looking up at me.