Ch. 26 - MORE BAD THAN GOOD

Start from the beginning

"Nabina's grandmother gave it to me." He said, making Nabina furrow her brows, "She did?" She asked but he didn't answer her.

"Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask- how do we turn a coyote back into a girl when she hasn't been a girl in eight years?" Isaac asked and Scott looked down while everyone looked at him. "I can do it." Scott said looking back up at everyone, making Stiles raise his eyebrows.

"You can?" He asked and Scott looked at him, "You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school? In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery." Scott said and Nabina sighed softly and shook her head. "This is a Werecoyote, Scott. Who knows if it'll even work? If you can even find someone who can teach you." She said, making realization cross over Stiles's face, "That's why you called Derek first."

"Yeah, I could try it on my own... But, right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a Werewolf." Scott sighed. "We need a real Alpha." Stiles said, making Scott shoot him a look, "You know what I mean! An Alpha who can do Alpha things. You know, an Alpha who can get it going! You know, get it-"

"Up?" Nabina asked and Stiles gestured to her making Scott sigh, "Great. I'm an Alpha with performance issues." Scott sighed, "Is there anyone else besides Derek who could help?" Deaton asked and Isaac shook his head slightly. "I wouldn't trust Peter." He said Stiles looked up at them, "Maybe the twins?" He suggested.

"They're not Alphas anymore. After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them." Deaton said and Nabina nodded slightly with a shrug, "But what if they know how to do it? I mean- you don't need an alpha to teach you, you just need someone who knows how." She said.

"Nobody's seen them for weeks." Scott asked, making Nabina scoff and raise her eyebrows, "Oh, please. Do you even know Lydia Martin?"

🦊

"Do you think Isaac can hone in on Malia? If not, we're going to be in the woods for a very long time." Allison said as Nabina opened a case of syringes. "He told me that he's a pretty good lock on her scent and that it's actually kind of strong." She said and Allison raised her eyebrows, "What is it?" She said and Nabina made a face and cringed slightly.

"Pee." She said as she handed Allison a syringe while Allison looked at her in amusement. Nabina set down the cap to the syringe before looking up at Allison to see her hands shaking as she tried to stick the needle into the bottle of Xylazine. "You okay?" Nabina asked and Allison's hands shook more before she accidentally dropped the bottle.

She sighed softly, glancing at Nabina who smiled sadly at her before Allison crouched down to pick it back up. Though when she stood up she was no longer seeing the office. "Allison!" Nabina yelled and Allison snapped out of her trance to see she was pointing the tranq dart gun at Nabina, making her eyes widen.

"Oh, my God! I'm so sorry. I'm- I'm so sorry!" She said as she quickly set the gun down, "I don't know what I was doing... I'm sorry..." She said and Nabina shrugged slightly. "Well, at least I don't think a horse tranquilizer would kill me." She said and Allison sighed and shook her head, "How am I supposed to help anyone if I'm like this? What am I supposed to do?" Allison asked and Nabina sighed as she walked around the table.

"You get people to help you." She said as she grabbed the bottle of Xylazine and the syringe from Allison's shaking hands. "You don't need to do everything alone." Nabina said before handing Allison the full syringe.

🦊

"Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?" Lydia asked as her, Scott, Stiles, Nabina, Isaac and Allison all stood around their cars at the preserve. "We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." Scott and again, Isaac took this opportunity to do what Isaac does best.

"Actually... we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote, who is actually his daughter... who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter..." Isaac said, making Stiles squint at him, "And again with the not helping." Stiles said. "Did you bring it?" Scott asked, turning to Allison. She looked at them for a moment before opening the trunk and pulling out a giant dart gun.

A few minutes later they all separated after hearing distant gunshots. Scott drove off on his bike, Allison with Nabina and Isaac while Lydia stayed with Stiles at the jeep. "Isaac, wait!" Nabina called out as Isaac ran ahead of her and Allison, Isaac glanced back for a moment before accidentally stepping on a bear trap. He yelled out in pain as he fell to the ground making Nabina's eyes widen.

"Isaac!" Nabina yelled as she and Allison quickly ran over to him. "Allison... there he is..." Isaac said, making Allison hold up the tranq gun to look at Tate through the scope. "Hit Tate." Nabina said, making Allison's eyes widen, "Use the tranq on him, okay?" Nabina said and Allison nodded slightly. "Okay..." She said as she shakingly lifted up the gun, "Come on..." She muttered to herself before pulling the trigger and the dart hit the tree.

"Allison." Nabina said, making Allison look at Nabina as she was crouched down next to Isaac. "Breathe." Nabina said and Allison took a deep breath before aiming the gun again. "Nous protégeons ceux qui ne peuvent pas se protéger eux-mêmes." Allison whispered to herself before pulling the trigger and the dart hit Tate's shoulder.

Nabina sighed in relief slightly as Tate fell to the ground and Allison went to aim at Malia but her eyes widened. "Guya... she's gone." Allison said and Nabina sighed softly and shook her head, "It's fine. If you can do that, Scott can find her and do what he needs to. We need to get this off of Isaac before he loses too much blood." Nabina said. Allison got down next to Nabina as Nabina tried to pull the steel jaws off but stopped when Isaax groaned in pain.

All of the sudden a loud roar rang throughout the woods making Isaac's eyes glow a bright yellow. He took a deep breath, yelling out slightly before ripping the steel jaws off. "Are you okay?" Nabina asked as she helped Isaac sit down and he nodded, breathing heavily slightly.

A little while later, Nabina helped Isaac into the house, his arm around her shoulder and her arm around his waist. "It's a good thing you heal." Nabina said and Isaac chuckled softly, "Not very fast apparently." He said, looking down as blood still dripped from his foot.

Nabina helped him sit down on the couch before moving to get her mom's homemade first aid kit and a wet washcloth. She walked back over to Isaac, kneeling down in front of him before using a pair of scissors to cut off some of his jeans. "You're healing but a bear trap cuts real deep apparently." Nabina said and Isaac raised his eyebrows in amusement, "It's a good thing I fell for a daughter of a doctor." He said, making her laugh softly.

A second later the door opened and Saanvi walked in before noticing the drops of blood on the floor. "Are you serious? You got blood all over my floor." Saanvi said, making Nabina give her mother a look, "Āmā!"