[ 𝟚𝟘 ] e n d s

If there was one thing that is best after an argument, it's forgiveness. Sirius and I yelled at each other, then - while soaking wet - made up and sealed it with a kiss. It wasn't pretty, but it was the best either of us could offer. And it was more than enough. 

We still fought though, 5 years later we still run our mouths; but we never yell, and we never dare to leave the house like that. Because if we did, we'd run after each other. 

I lay in bed thinking about it all. Regulus and Sirius's bond of brotherhood wasn't an easy mend, but in the end, it was as strong as ever - despite a few shattered mugs and slammed doors at the beginning. Regulus started working at the Ministry, and always found time to join us for dinners every week. His life was near his brother's once more, and neither of them would let the other stray too far. 

Lily and James were content with little Harry Potter, who wasn't staying little any longer. And as for El and Remus, they started a life together; not too far down the road. With a few little cuties, and another on the way, everyone knew their home would be filled soon. El and I remained as thick as thieves, and we stilled laughed about the good old days, and the horror of the letters from the Ministry. 

And Sirius and I? 

We found more than just love together. We found a bond stronger than partnership or friendship. We found each other, and in doing so, found ourselves. 

All thanks to one simple, yet ever so complicated law the Wizarding World would never forget. 

THE MARRIAGE LAW. 

...

But that's not the end. 

In fact, it was only the beginning. For with love, friendship, and a whole lot of sex came something neither of us really thought about. 

Children. 

Two little, adorable children that filled our lives, home, and hearts. The elder was a black, curly haired boy with curiosity overflowing. And the younger, another boy; blond curly hair and an embodiment of joy in every way. Oliver and Noah were everything we could've ever dreamed of. 

And every time I saw my little boys near my husband and his own brother, I knew that they wouldn't fall apart. Their father and godfather would never let it happen.