[ 𝟟 ] s u r p r i s e

| 18th November |

WAKING UP NEXT a man was still something I was not used to. Especially since that man is Sirius Black. Whenever I wanted to roll over, he was there. It felt strange sleeping the the same bed with him, yet there was something about it that felt so... natural.

Opening my eyes, I was met with the sight of tanned skin. I removed my head from the crook of Sirius's neck, noting how peaceful he looked. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't handsome. Tan, tall, high cheekbones, sharp jawline, black hair, grey eyes. I lose all common sense when I look at him, and it hurts so bad.

"I feel you staring you know."

I struggled to contain by blush, looking at Sirius' face to find the usual smirk. His biceps flexed as his head rested on his arms.

This is how I die.

"Can you blame me? You're one good looking guy." The smirk wavered as a dusty pink covered his cheeks. I didn't know where all this confidence was coming from, especially as one of my fingers ran down the length of his flexed arms.

Resting a hand on his chest, I leaned forward, kissing him on the cheek. Accidentally, it landed closer than expected to his lips.

"I'm going to get ready."

I left with a smile, hurrying to the bathroom. Unknowingly to him, my smile broadened as I felt his eyes lingering on me until the door closed.

I was nervous. Sirius and I were heading out together. I was a date, without being a date at all. When he asked me last night, I literally dropped my hairbrush.

It's the same as all the other outings. Nothing different about it. Ignore the fluttery feeling.

It got even harder to ignore when I heard a knock at the bathroom door.

"Can I come in?"

"Yes."

As he entered, I realised I was only covered by a towel wrapped around my body, my hair wet as I attempted to dry it after having a shower. Through the mirror, I could see that he was wearing a grey top with denim pants.

Merlin. Just breathe.

"I was just wondering if you were nearly ready?"

"Yup. 10 minutes or so then we can head off." I smiled, my eyes rolling as I noticed his wandering gaze.

"Are you checking me out Mr Black?" I joked, putting the dryer down, and looking at him through the mirror.

"Would you believe me if I said no?" I laughed.

Suddenly, his hands wrapped around my waist from behind. As he placed a kiss on my shoulder, my head fell back, eyes closing.

"It'll take more than 10 minutes if you keep doing this." I mumbled.

Still, he didn't stop. Feather light kisses trailed up my neck, goose bumps appearing where he'd kissed.

"We could just stay here." He mumbled in my ear. I could clearly hear the joking undertone.

No. I was going to get the date he promised me. Even if I had to sacrifice kisses.

"In your dreams." I breathed, opening my eyes, and lifting my head. "Now, off with you. Let me finish getting ready."

"As you wish, my lady." He chuckled, bowing as he pulled back, "I will prepare the carriage."

He left with a wink.

Merlin, we'd come so far in a week...

Dressed in a short, white lace dress, light denim cropped jacket and converse, I pulled my hair back and took a look at myself. I felt pretty. Walking downstairs, I saw Sirius and James talking. The moment he noticed me, his mouth stopped moving.

"Ready to go?" I questioned as I went over to them.

"My offer to stay here still stands." I laughed again, would he ever give up on that?

I really want to take him up on the offer.

Soon enough, we said our goodbyes and apparated, hand in hand. I instantly felt a fresh, salty breeze overwhelm me. In front, I took it all in. A gorgeous picnic was set up; pillows, blankets, food, drinks - the whole lot. All by the beach. My shoes sunk into the sand.

Looking over at Sirius, I saw his nervous smile.

"Surprise!"

I couldn't say anything. My body just acted. Hand around the back of his neck, my lips crashed against his. My eyes closed, body melting as he responded, moving softly. His hand held the back of my head, the other wrapping around my waist. My heart felt like it would explode as skin met skin. He kissed me back with such delicate passion.

And then we parted, my eyes fluttering open sleepily.

Our first kiss, and I wanted to kiss him again.

"If that's all it took to get a kiss, I would've done this ages ago." He mumbled, running a hand through my hair as his lips grazed over mine again.

"Sirius." He hummed, "Kiss me again."

I didn't have to ask twice and he willingly met my lips once more. They moved faster this time, like we would never see each other again. I went up on my tip toes as the kiss deepened, Sirius holding me tightly against him.

"Lexi, if you get doing this, the foods going to get cold." I giggled, kissing him again before pulling back and letting him guide me to the picnic.

"It's wonderful." I breathed, "Thank you."

"You're very welcome." He kissed my forehead lightly, "Now, let's eat!"