Chapter three

CHAPTER 3

On Thursday it became apparent to me that some members of the male species are not appreciative of women implying their manhood could be handled with tweeers.

"Are you screwing me right now?" I called to the heavens, and I heard a few outright barks of laugher amoung the hidden snickers. High pitched and put on girly laughter joined, and I knew the cheerleaders had arrived to lay down their lyrical opinions on my conundrum. Looking at them was like a kaidoscope of alternating bare flesh and streaks of baby blue. Our cheerleading body did, admittedly, show impressive spirit. And even when not in cheering uniform, being a cherleader meant that there was always one baby blue accessory in sight, baby blue and oak being our school colors.

My eyes were accosted by baby blue silk scarves, baby blue feathers weaved intricately into blonde hair, baby blue lipstic, baby blue handbags and shoes, baby blue alice bands, baby blue wristlet gloves, baby blue thigh high socks, baby blue fingernails, baby blue bellyrings and earrings and bracelets and necklaces. Add the color to the usual mish-mosh of their clothing which include red, denim, green, khaki, olive, pink, grey, silver and black, it was vaguely startling. And of course, all their made up eyes and smirking lips were aimed at the face of my locker.

The boys had, understandably, not gone with literature but had, in various stages of exitement, I'm sure, pasted pictures of different voluptuous nude models on my locker. The largest image and focal point was a pale female with long platinum blone hair, thick rimmed glasses and a face not unlike mine, indicating that I should 'come hither' with her right hand and had a red lollipop in her left. Her position was less than conservative.

"Oh. My. God." Ingrid made me jump two feet with her sneaky apperance to my left. Her expresson could only be described as hellfire. A crowd had begun to form. A blush crawled its way up my throat like an insect with a thousand burning legs of hot blood rushing up under my skin and dancing its way across my cheeks, making its malevolent and malicious presence known in a bloom of bright red.

Add fair skin to platinum hair and dust with a blush? You become a cherry red beacon.

"This isn't ok." Ingrid snapped, and with that she turned tail and bolted. I knew, of course, that eventually she'd drop the charity and have enough of me. And, of course, I should have expected it wouldn't even last as long as it did, but it still sort of stung when I watched her pink leopard print tote twirl and her legging-ed body scuttle away. I knew she'd only be my friend for a little while before she got fed up.

"Well." I muttered, turning back to the vivacious blonde splayed across my locker door. I shrugged and directed my next comment to her, as if she could hear me. "I guess that's that."

The crowd had thickened and the whispered muttering had blown up to large scale, full out, buzzing conversation punctuated with uproaring laughter every few seconds. With a sigh I reached up to begin tearing the women off my locker when another voice hit the crowd. "Out! Shoo!" Vice Principle Mercer was by no means fat nor skinny. The woman was on the border between curvaceous and chubby. Her severely pulled back hair in its long, stick straight pony tail emphasized her sharp, Romanian features. Apon catching sight of my locker, she began, quite literally, to swoon, but was caught by the school secretary. She bounced back with a speed that reminded me of the Tasmanian Devil, jerked on the bottom of her black sued blazer, which matched her pantsuit and marched up next to me. "Who did this?" she was so completely calm and steady in her tone that I was kind of terrified. I pressed my hair back again, for a second time almost messing up my ponytail.

Of course, like a movie scene, the culprit arrived, acessories in tow. Joey looked smug, pretty features pulled into a grin. Black eyes shone his mirth from behind those long, thick, impossibly sooty lashes. The boy was a walking mascara add. His lips were full and his cheekbones were high. He was a leanly built jock too, to add to his physical credibility. His hairstyle was rocking the early days of Zac Efron.