SIX

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭 :
let's not torture the newbie's hatter

VISA COUNT: 8 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     AYAME WAS THE last militant to enter the meeting room

AYAME WAS THE last militant to enter the meeting room. She made her way to her seat without looking at anyone, thankfully it was empty. Chishiya was sat to her right, and he turned to her slowly when she sat down, noticing her roughed-up appearance.

     She had gathered some scratches and scrapes from the game, and her hair was rather messy, but she didn't care. Sure she loved to keep up with her appearance—she could die any day, why would she want to be ugly when she died?—but that didn't mean that she wanted to be on top of it 24/7. Right now was one of those times.

     "You look shitty." Chishiya let out a small laugh in the form of a breath leaving his nose at his own words, "What happened?"

"Fought a tiger with my bare fists and won because a bunny came out of nowhere and ate it whole." Ayame dramatized, ignoring the part where she almost died. She quickly scanned the room and noticed someone important to the meeting was missing, "Where is Hatter?—"

     Suddenly the man himself entered the room, announcing loudly, "We're starting the meeting. Those who have nothing to do here, leave." Hatter entered the room with an almost irritated expression leading Ayame to suspect that she was correct in assuming something happened with Aguni, behind him, Ayame could see someone walking quickly and trying to hide behind Hatter.

The person walked off to the side of the room alone as the people who weren't executives or a high number left the room. Ayame's eyes widened as she realized that it was Arisu.

Arisu was looking at the people sitting—or standing since he was currently looking at Last Boss—in the room. So it really is him. Her eyes widened only slightly as Chishiya leaned over to her, stopping by her ear to whisper, "I'm assuming Kurayami told you they were here?"

     "I didn't want to believe him," Ayame whispered back, not taking her eyes from the man who continued to look at people sitting at the table. I failed to keep yet another person away from here.

     Arisu turned more and found Ayame—who frowned subtly when their eyes met instead of giving a warm welcome to the boy even though she would have if it was under different circumstances—and Chishiya—who was leaning over his chair to be by Ayame's ear with a smirk on his face as he gave a small teasing wave to Arisu.

"It's you two." Arisu almost gasped, looking at them both, but then his gaze stayed longer on Ayame. How could someone so kind be at this place, and so relaxed nonetheless? And what happened to her? Why did she look like she just got into a fight? He was both worried and concerned for the girl he barely knew.