NINE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 :
TWIST OF EVENTS

VISA COUNT: 7 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

VISA COUNT: 7 DAYS ﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

tw: niragi

     HOURS LATER, IT was decided by the executives and militants that Aguni would take over the role of the leader of the Beach. This decision is being made in a democratic vote, and definitely not at gunpoint.

       And certainly, no one had a sword held up to their throat because they didn't agree with the vote. Nope. That would be ridiculous.

Ayame told them to open the Black Envelope without her and hid in her room with Kurayami (who she figured was trying to take up the role of her new best friend now that Chishiya and her weren't speaking) until she was forced out of her comforting space.

Now, she was standing on the ledge of the balcony that Hatter used to stand upon to give his lengthy speeches. In his spot was Aguni, who maintained his dead inside expression as he looked down upon the citizens of the Beach.

"The leader has changed," Niragi announced as he leaned over the ledge, grinning sadistically at all of the civilians he would no doubt torture with his presence alone, "Hatter is no longer with us. The new leader will be Aguni."

The crowd started to murmur to each other, but Niragi shouted, "How noisy. Shut up!" Everyone froze and looked back up at the man who straightened his posture, "It appears that Hatter failed in his game and couldn't return. Through a majority vote among the executive members, it's been decided that Aguni will be the new Number One. Now, let's hear from Aguni. You guys better listen properly."

"Now," Aguni started to speak, moving forward and leaning against the railing, "what Niragi said is everything. With Hatter gone as the previous Number One, I now have full control over the Beach. Follow my orders, live for me, and die for me."

        Ayame looked up at the man, her eyebrows furrowing. What is Aguni on? She complained, shaking her head and looking to the side.

Even though his speech was almost finished, a voice came from behind them and interrupted. Their voice was too quiet for those below to hear, "I believe someone is attempting to steal the cards."

Ayame turned and spotted Chishiya standing behind him, his hands in his pockets as he stared at the back of Aguni's head. What? What idiot would try to steal the cards right after the militants took over? Certain death awaits them.