confessions

Florence's POV:

Okay, okay. I know that I said I would tell Lizzie how I feel. However, these last weeks were just so stressful that I didn't find the right time to tell her.

Just like we talked about it, my brother moved in to our old house again. It was great having family around again and we were having the best time hanging out together. Of course he still had his job and other things, but it isn't like I haven't had anything to do either. Every free moment, I was either writing down lyrics that had come to me or was creating new melodies in my head. Of course, all of them were written inspired by real events. So it isn't surprising that most of them were about my mommy issues, depression or a certain actress.

Talking about Elizabeth, I had seen her a couple times since our night at the club, however none of these times felt right to tell her about my feelings. We were never really alone, since there was always someone joining us, like Cameron, Isabella and Nick.
Additionally, she was still going out with that secret guy. Of course it bummed me out hearing about their fancy dates, but I couldn't do anything about it unless I finally talked to her.

I was just on my way back home after a long day in the studio, when I noticed a few missed messages and calls on my phone. I tend to turn it off in the studio so I wouldn't get sidetracked all the time.

What could it possibly be?

Most of them seemed to be from Lizzie, a few from Cameron and Isabella and even Nick texted me.

________________

Sunflower
Florence I'm so sorry

Sunflower
Please call me back immediately!!

Sunflower
Whatever you do, don't go online please!!

____

Camera
Flo.. have you been on Twitter today?

Bellalala
You should have a look :/

_________________

Looking at these messages I was super confused. My first instinct was that either my ex-girlfriend or my evil mother had done something to mess with my career - I wouldn't put it past either of them.

I wish it would have been that. It would have hurt less.

Curiosity got the better of me, so ignoring Lizzie's advice, I opened Twitter. I quickly typed my way to the trends and immediately saw my name in second place. What surprised me even more was that Lizzie's name was written on the space above. But the real shock set it when I clicked on her name and a series of images caught my eye. I stopped breathing for a moment and instantly choked on my coffee. The blood in my veins pumped harder than when I was exercising. That can not be true? How can they do this to me?

But my eyes did not deceive me. It wasn't a bad joke, just put up to annoy me.

It was my two favorite people - together.

Not just like that, no. Really together. In one picture they were just standing next to each other and smiling, in the next he was already holding her in his arms. The last picture brought tears to my eyes.

He kissed her. My own brother Nick had his lips on Lizzie's, and she seemed to like it.

So he's the secret guy she's been dating this whole time? Why didn't they tell me? How did that even happen?

I knew it wouldn't be good for me, but I couldn't help reading through some of the comments. Most, like me, were confused as well. However, it seemed that everyone already knew who this man was. Maybe someone recognized him from my Instagram stories and posts and then spread the word. News like this spread faster than weeds.