After party

Lizzie's POV:

The movie was about halfway through when Florence turned around to face me. The brunette leaned over and quietly whispered, so other people wouldn't be bothered. "When are you coming to the screen?" A smile made its way across my face, however i just shrugged and pointed towards the front. "Just watch the movie, Flo. Aren't all of those Hollywood Hotties not enough for you?"
The singer answered by rolling her eyes, but then even grinned at me. "Nope, not when the hottest of them all is not there."

Suddenly I was very grateful for the fact that it was very dark inside that room. I immediately felt my cheeks blush and body temperature grow higher. Then we locked eyes. Her look was genuine and for a second I caught myself wanting to be closer to her —to softly brush through her hair or gently feel her soft skin. That thought quickly vanished as Florence face changed and now amusement was written across it. "I'm not talking about you. I obviously meant Captain Marvel, Brie Larson rocks."

***

„I hate you and I'm never going to talk to you again!" Florence whined after we left the cinema on our way to the big hall where the after party would take place. Her eyes were still teary from sobbing through the last half hour of the film.

I just laughed at her dedication for the characters while putting my arm around her to comfort her. "Seems like you lost that cocky side of yours now, huh?" The brunette turned to me and flashed me her middle finger which only made me laugh harder.

"I can't believe you let me watch this film, knowing who my favorite characters are! You even took me to the premiere, which makes it even worse because now they can even take pictures of me looking like this!" The singer tried to wipe the tears out of her face without ruining her makeup. We had now arrived at the after party. The room was full of people, some were cast members, others crew or just other celebrities and influential people. However Florence still hadn't really realized that through her teary eyes and didn't even notice when someone else appeared next to us.

"It seems like someone had a lot of fun during our film. It's a joyful one, huh?" It was Chris Evans who was now confronting Flo with an amused smirk. The actor had become one of my closest friends during my time in the MCU. When we were shooting Civil War, a lot of fans thought we were dating because Chris and I were both single at the time. However, our relationship has always been limited to a friendly basis and we both appreciated that much too much to risk it. It's strange when the fans and talk show hosts keep asking you if you're interested in your friends, but I guess these are the downsides and consequences of popularity.

"If joyful means crying for half of the movie, then yes", I threw in laughing and looked at Florence playfully. She had just realized the presence of Chris and now looked at him with big eyes. Oh right, that was her first meeting someone from the cast, excluding me and Scarlett. It was strange seeing the brunette singer so quiet, otherwise she was a pretty bubbly person. Besides, she and her fast tongue usually always had a clever remark in stock.
I waited to see if Flo would respond to Chris' comment, but when I saw that she probably wouldn't get a word out, I took over the conversation.

"Weeell, Chris this is my friend Florence. Flo this is the worst Chris you're going to meet here today. But you guys know each other from the Marvel group chat!" I started to introduce them and to my relief Florence had finally caught herself and returned the hug Evans offered her.

"Excuse me! I'm fine with being second to Hemsworth but at least put me above Pratt!" The actor stated offended. I just shrugged it off.