Taylor's Party

Florence

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" I asked Rachel reassuringly as I put on my clothes. As it was the middle of summer I decided to go for a nice light dress and a pair of sandals. Meanwhile Rachel did the opposite and got rid of her clothes and let herself fall down on our bed. She let out a sigh and then looked at me apologetically. "I'm sorry Flo, I'm just so tired from working so much that I need some time for myself to rest. But you go and have fun, I'll see you tomorrow."

I looked back at her and my face softens. I didn't know Rach was overworking herself that much. Although, in the the past time, she did stay at work longer than usually. "Thats fine, honey", I reassured her and gently went in for a kiss. She smiled against my touch and passionately ran her fingers down my body. A small chuckle escaped my lips. "Seems to me like there is still some energy left in you, Rach."
The other woman just grinned apologetically. "I just don't get enough of you. With you starting to give interviews and do little gigs, there's nearly not enough time for me in your schedule!"
I let my fingers play with her hair while I thought about her words. "I will make more time for you, if you're feeling neglected." My girlfriend looked at me approvingly and then gestured to the door. "That would be great. But now you need to rush baby, you can't be late for Taylor Swift!"
A quick glance at my phone told me that she was right. Taylor's house was a good 40 minute drive, because it was in one of the best but also most gated areas of Los Angeles. "But don't have too much fun without me and stay away from Cara Delivigne!", Rachel shouted after me as I left the room, which made me laugh and roll my eyes at the same time.

As I was driving to the party I thought about all of the people that were probably going to be at that party. I mean, Taylor Swift is not just anyone. She is an A-list celebrity and hangs out with other A-list celebrities! I felt like I was going to be completely misplaced there. Hopefully, Taylor still likes me in person. I wished Lizzie was there, so I could have somebody to hold on to. She isn't a socially extroverted person as well, but we would have made it through together. But now, we're not even talking to each other. All because of one comment from Rachel, that Lizzie misunderstood and got upset over. I didn't even care if she gets along with my girlfriend I just wanted her back in my life.

Throwing my thoughts away for the evening, I focused on driving. As I reached the gated community where Taylor's house is located, I felt my nervousness increasing. A security guard asked me for my name and ID and then let me pass after finding my name on the guest list. I parked my car in front of the location Taylor had given me and then made my way to the door. The house was completely stunning, like nothing I've ever seen before. Even Elizabeth's house was small compared to this one, but then again Lizzie and Robbie probably didn't have parties like the singer.

"Floooo!", I heard a high voice shout my name and instantly found myself in the arms of the well known singer. I was taken aback a little bit which made her laugh. "Hey Taylor", I grinned while looking at her. "It's so good to finally see you. Come, let me show you around and then introduce you to everyone!" She waisted no time and pulled me into the house.

After 10 minutes of walking around the house and me almost dying because of three cat attacks, we finally made our way to the backyard. In front of me was a big pool with lots of floaties swimming around and a nice cocktail bar. The garden was already filled with many people and Taylor waisted no time to introduce me to them. The first one she dragged me to was a shorter brown haired woman who probably didn't even need an introduction. "Selena, meet my friend Florence, the fantastic singer and songwriter I told you about!", she instantly told her with a warm smile. The other woman reciprocated the smile and hugged me lightly. "Oh yes of course, Taylor told me so much about you and I've heard your single! It's really good." My cheeks blushed a little at her compliment and I thanked her for the nice words. We talked for a little before Taylor saw the next person she wanted to show me.