Livestream

Florence

@florencebrown started a livestream

___________________________

Flo: Hey TikTok, I just wanted to come here and talk to you guys for a second!
So please ask anything you might be interested in.

@brownie4life: How are you rn Flo?💕

Flo: Life's actually been crazy. I'm working on my debut album right now and already all sorts of talk shows are trying to get me on their shows. If someone told me year ago where I would be now, I would have told them they were crazy. But I have great support from my friends, so my mental state is actually the best that I've ever had.

@floooforever: What can you say about the album?👀

Flo: Hmm.. I can't or don't want to say too much yet. It also isn't even done yet. However, it's very personal and honest to me and my experiences and therefore definitely a roller coaster of emotions. [laughs and winks at the camera]

@camerondavis: When are you gonna introduce me to your fans? I was born to be famous.🤟🏻

Flo: Of course you were. Everybody, this is Cam my best friend since childhood. Follow him if you want to see weird ass pictures of me, since he always posts the worst ones of me.

@ilovebrownies: do you have any siblings? if yes, do they share your talent?

Flo: I do actually have an older brother! His name is Nick and no, unfortunately I'm the only singer in our family. Well, my dad used to sing with me when I was younger but.. ehm.. yeah he's not with us anymore. Anyway, next question?
[shifts nervously in her seat]

@olsenfamilystan: How do you know Lizzie?
@lizzie4ever: Are you dating Elizabeth Olsen?
@florencesimps: are you gay?
...

Flo: Haha, I see a lot of you guys asking me about a certain person. I don't want the tabloids to confuse you guys any longer, even when I think it's very amusing. No, I am not dating that person but we are good friends. I do in fact have a girlfriend tho, so if any media outlets are watching right now, you can stop guessing my love life.
I also just wanted to make it clear that this is a completely open minded space here. You can identify however you want, you can love whoever you love without it being anyones business.

@stanpopgirls: How did you get Taylor Swift to work with you?😻

Flo: She was the one who actually reached out to me! I guess she just saw the video of me singing a song called "gunfire" on her for you page and then she just messaged me. I couldn't believe it as well but I'm so grateful to know her. We have been FaceTiming and she has been helping me figure out my sound and what it is exactly I want to put out in the world. Taylor is actually one of the nicest people I've ever met. Well, I haven't met her yet but I can just imagine she's even better in person than over the phone. Excuse me for fangirling so hard over here, I just still can't believe my luck.

@flolovesbrownies: What are some of your favorites? (Like color, animal, flower, songs..)

Flo: That's a nice question, a little random but cute. Let me think about it for a second. My favorite color right now is green. I just think it's super calming and it reminds me of nature. What else.. My favorite animals are red pandas, aren't they just the cutest??
I love all flowers because they are so beautiful in different aspects but if I had to choose one I would probably go for sunflowers. [smiles]
As for favorite song, how could I possibly just pick one? I will give you my favorite artist, Taylor Swift.. but that's probably no surprise to anyone.

@lifeloveflorence: Is it true that you still work another job even though your single was such a success?

Flo: Wow, I don't even know how you guys get these information all of the time. Yes, until recently I used to work at small café here in Los Angeles. But now I have actually resigned as a barista there. It gives me more time to really concentrate on my music. And I still work for them on bar nights, where I perform for the customers.

@lovingflo: If you could pass any law right now, what would you do?⚖️

Flo: Just one? That's hard because there's definitely a lot of room for improvement in our legal system. Something that has a very personal interest to me would definitely be the banning of guns. I have talked about this matter quite a few times and even wrote a song about it. But something I've never shared on here is, that I was actually in a situation like that where a man just bought a gun and began to shoot people. As someone who knows what it feels like to think you're going to die in the next seconds, I can tell you that I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. [wipes away a tear]
Wow, this livestream is really getting to me today. But this is something that is very important to me and something I will continue to speak up for.

@musicianlovers: Are you afraid that people are going to unfollow you for speaking about this?

Flo: That's actually a great question. And to be honest yes, when I first signed with my current label they all told me I shouldn't talk about politics or I shouldn't voice my opinions that loud. And that scared me a little bit, not gonna lie.
But then I talked to friends from the industry and they all collectively agreed that they regretted not sharing their opinions right from the beginning. I can now shape how I'm going to be portrayed by the media in the first place. And to stand up for something you believe in is just the greatest feeling.
Soo.. do we have anymore questions, maybe a little lighter ones for a change? [laughs]

@feelslikeflo: What is something you want to achieve in your career someday?🎼

Flo: I mean the most obvious answer would probably be to win a Grammy for my work. And that would honestly be a total dream coming true. Can you imagine me having to get up on that stage, probably in high heels, and then having to speak in front of all these people?!
But other than that, I want to go on tour all over the world and just celebrate music together with people from all generations. Do you know these videos where stars realize that they have made it? I want to be in a video like this, with people screaming my lyrics right back at me in a sea of flashlights. If I can experience that someday, then I will be the happiest person ever. [gently smiles at the camera and then looks at her watch]
Well, this has been fun, talking to all you you guys. I will definitely do something like that again in the future, maybe I can even invite some of you to the livestream and then you can personally ask your questions! Until then, don't forget to stream "Feels Like" so that I can buy myself some lunch! Byeee.

________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I thought these questions were a nice way to bring up some points and infos :)