☆ Afterschool (7)

"Come Sarah, this way," said Ryan. He clutched Sarah's hand and took a left, "Uhm, Ryan- we are going the wrong way?" Sarah told him with uncertainty. She wondered why her older brother wanted to go this way, maybe he wanted to take the scenic route?

Sarah was surprised when they passed the path that takes you to the scenic route, "Ryan- we are going the wrong way!" She complained. Then she groaned, annoyed. She reached her right hand out and dragged it against a hill of snow they happened to walk past, creating a snowball. Sarah snickered quietly and her eyes turned to look at Ryan; who was totally focused on each store they passed.

She covered her mouth, trying to hide her grin. "H-hey Ryan-" she snickered under her glove. "What's up?" He moved his head so Sarah could be visible, "PLAUGH!" He had taken a snowball to the face, "Oh, you're on."

Ryan grabbed any patch of snow he could find and flung it at his little sister, she did the same. After what felt like forever, they found themselves drenched with water from the melted snow, so they had to end the fight. "Okay, so now that I've totally crushed you in a snowball fight, you gotta tell me where we're going." Sarah teased, gloating about her victory.

"Ugh! You only won because I went easy on you- now if you were Dylan..." His voice began to trail off, "I'm just not gonna continue that sentence." Sarah crossed her arms while her face radiated in 'why not?' energy. "Because it'll give you the wrong idea," replied her brother.
"Just tell me what you were gonna say!"

"...now if you were Dylan, I would've went hard." Ryan sighed at his sentence while Sarah scrunched her nose and cleared her throat, "Who is Dylan anyway?" She gazed at her brother, who looked reluctant to tell her. "Oh, let me guess. He's your boyfriend?" Sarah smirked at her guess.

Ryan nudged Sarah's arm, "He's not my boyfriend," he brought his black knitted scarf to his mouth, "Atleast I hope he will be." He muttered helplessly. "Okay then, so- where are we going?" Ryan wanted to admit they were going to see Dylan, but considering the conversation they just had, he didn't want to. "Just wait and see."

The two stopped in front of a lavender building. Ryan smiled at the familiar sight, while Sarah tilted her head in confusion. Her eyebrows curved as she watched her brother fix himself and do breathing exercises for relaxation. "Uh, ya done?" She questioned, and her brother nodded in agreement.

Ryan then rubbed his sister's shoulder, which he did as a sign of "this is important, please behave." Sarah shook her head with no idea on why this was so important to him. But she had no time to think, her brother had already opened the door for her. "Thankya," she said as she walked inside.

The bell on top of the door rung, alerting Dylan's mom. Her head shot up, and so did the cats' that was in her arms. "Oh, hello there dears! Is there anything here that you might be interested in?" She asked. Ryan scratched the back of his neck, "Uhm, well actually-" he stopped talking when she started up again, "Shopping for a partner..? A friend?" She continued. "Nono, I just came here to see-"

"Oh Ryan! I knew I recognized that voice from somewhere! Welcome back honey!"
She dropped the now angry-looking feline that was in her arms, placing her on the floor. She came from behind the cashier and eyed Ryan up and down. "You look rather handsome today! You looking for Dylan? He's in the back," she rambled, sounding rather excited. "Oh and who's that?" She glared at the short girl before her.

"My sister," he responded, "And thanks." Sarah striked a pose, "I'm Sarah!" She yelled dramatically.

"Oh well, nice to meet you Sarah. And must I say, you are the exact opposite of your brother here!"

Sarah smiled mischievously, "Yeah, yeah. I get that a lot."

"You're saying that like it's a compliment," argued her brother.