~three~

Y/n POV:

After days we arrived at the Metkayina clan. I jumped off the ikran patting its head. I waited for Neteyam to get off and we both walked behind their dad. The crowd gathered around us, looking at us like they have never seen a na'vi. The crowd made a path for a boy and his friend to pass, taking a look at us. I was standing in between the brothers. I did the same as they did. The boys looking us up and down mocked our tails.

A girl emerged from the water getting complete attention from Lo'ak. She stopped the boys from teasing. As she joined, I assume her brother, Lo'ak sent her a nervous Hi, making him smile back. "Ooo Lo'ak has a crush" I teased giggling. "Says the one who has the hots for my brother," Lo'ak replied back and I hit his arm.

The chief came riding his war animal, joining the scene. Behind him came his mate taking a look at us. The chief Tonawari spoke. "Why do you come to us, Jake Sully?"

"We seek uturu. For my family" He explained. Ronal moved closer getting among us. "We are reef people. You are forest people. Your skills will mean nothing here." Tonawari replied to him. Ronal took a closer look at us. "Their arms are thin, their tails are weak. You will be slow in the water." She said coming over to me and Lo'ak grabbing our hands. "These children aren't even true na'vi!" she said as I took my hand back. "They have demon blood!" She said making the crowd gasp.

"Look I was born as sky people and now I'm not. We will adapt, okay?" He tried telling them until Neytiri came on. "My husband was Toruk Makto. He led the clans to victory, against the sky people." Ronal said something back, I didn't quite hear but it made both women hiss at each other. "I apologise for my mate, she has come a long way and she's exhausted." Jake broke them apart.

"Torul Makto is a great warrior. All na'vi people know his stories. But us Metkayinas, are not at war." He said turning to Jake, "we cannot let you bring your war here" Jake picked up the youngest, "we don't want war, okay? I just wanna keep my family safe."

"Uturu has been asked," Neytiri said, losing hope. You could see how done she was.

"Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us. Treat them as our brothers and sisters. They don't know the sea, so they will be like babies, taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so they don't suffer in shame of being useless." Tonawari announced.

The family said thank yous.

"My son Aonung, my daughter Tsireya will show your children what to do." he pointed at his kids. I knew they were related. "It is decided."

Tsireya jumped in front of us. "Come I will show you the village," she happily said.

~

Sometime later, when they all unpacked.

"Sully's fall in." He told them and all the family gathered in. I stood there confused. "So um... Do I leave? Or-" Jake cut me off, "No come."

I sat in the corner listening to the family. Their dad was truly nice to them. It made me think about why my dad was trying to hunt him down. He was really nice... I took out my dad's dog tag, wrapping it in my hand. I didn't take it off back at the clan's hideout. It made me think about what he was doing right now. Was he even trying to get me back?

"Now about you." My thoughts were interrupted by Jake. "We can't let the Metkayina know you're a captured enemy. So for now, you're just a close family friend. Okay?" He told me. "Okay? Well, what now. Am I gonna go with them or be locked in some sand prison for the next month?" I joked.

"Well, I guess you just pretend to be the good guy for once." I rolled my eyes and stood up. I never was a bad guy.

We all left for our first lesson.

The Metkayina teens dove into the water with no problem. Leaving us on the side of the hut. "There is no way we just dive in-" Before I could finish, Neteyam pushed me into the water before jumping in himself. I hit him underwater in annoyance, before being distracted by the ocean and everything that I saw. It was beautiful.

I saw the teens go further into the water so I tapped Lo'ak on the shoulder signalling for us to go. As I tried swimming deeper, I saw one of the guy's eyes land on me. What was his name again? Anung? Agung? Aonung? Something like that. But he was staring at me with that look. He looked away with pink cheeks as I meet his eyes.

I got a strange feeling in my lungs. I realised I was running out of air. I saw the other two also going out for air. Our heads broke the surface as we took out large gulps of air, before looking back at them. Tsireya signed. "Come swim with us." Finally, my skills are useful. "We can't really hold or breathe for that long. Sorry. Let me just slap Neteyam once and we'll be there." I smiled slapping Neteyam's head, giggling to myself and diving back down. The boys looked at me in confusion as the metkayina teens looked shocked I knew their language.

Neteyam and Lo'ak quickly went out for air, while I had a long breath so I dove to the teens. "Sorry, they're bad divers" I signed. "They're learning." Tsireya signed back. "How do you know sign language?" Aonung signed me. "Necessary for combat training. Not important." I signed back at him before all of us rose back up to the surface.

"Are you alright?" Tsireya asked worried. "You're too fast! Wait for us!" Tuk said. "C'mon bro, we don't speak this finger talk," Neteyam said. "Then why does she know it?" Aonung asked. "I'm special" I purred.

"Where is Kiri?" Rotxo asked making us all turn our heads.

"Well we should get to the second lesson," Aonung suggested.

~

Thank you for literally anyone spending this on this lol-