Be Careful When You Bite Me

Start from the beginning

"She's not our responsibility, nobody has to know it's you."

"You mean us."

"I am not going to be responsible for something that you caused Seth! Get that!" snapped Damon.

Why would they think that they were responsible for my injuries? I was beginning to wonder if I should say something but part of me was too scared to make out words.

"But we have to do something, we can't let her bleed to death, she isn't a villager, she's not from here!"

I heard a tired sigh,"We can't take her to the castle, the guards will see and inform father."

"Or maybe we can, we have the old tunnel that leads through the back garden."

I felt my stomach start to twist and the sudden urge to vomit. I grew more lightheaded watching my blood flow down the gravel. My face began to hurt as I kept it pressed against the pavement and my knees burned.

Who were these guys and what the hell did they want with me?

"We could go through the back stairsand go down the tunnel. It will lead us to the main garden and from then we can take her to my room."

"The castle is guarded, how are we going to get to the stairs?"

"Not the stairs, not now, that's how I used to sneak out."

Castles and guards?

Part of me prayed that this was some stupid game meant to scare off lost and wandering tourists but the other part of me knew from the second I stepped into this town that something wasn't right. My surroundings suddenly began to shift and spin around me as I struggled to grasp a hold of reality. I could feel the dark figures approaching closer but I didn't have the strength to escape. I felt a pair of arms reach down and lift me from behind the rock and I tried to open my mouth to scream but nothing came out. The fight against my lids was fruitless and the urge to pass out was like an endless battle. Soon enough the coma completely took over my consciousness and I felt myself slip into slumber.

I blinked my eyes a couple of times until they opened and were greeted with darkness. My senses took a couple of seconds to register that I was being carried by one of the strange men from the hill.

"Can't you carry her Damon?" asked a filmier voice.

"No, this will help with your resistance."

I quickly shut my eyes before they realized that I was awake.

These people are insane.

I had to get out of here and make a run for it towards my car now that the winds have stopped but how would I do that. I had no idea how long I was passed out for or how far away is my car. I thought about attacking them both but I knew I stood no chance. I sensed a powerful and dangerous aura off of them. Fear and curiosity began to flood my brain and I felt a migraine arise.

Where are they taking me? Are they going to hurt me?

I opened my eyes the slightest bit but I saw nothing. After a couple of minutes, the hands that were carrying me handed me through a window. New hands grabbed me and I could only assume they switched. Seconds later I was engulfed by light despite my closed eyes.

"This way," hissed a voice.

"I know, I live here!"

"Come on, we gotta go," said Damon and began walking again.

I was terrified. I felt the goosebumps spread across my body and the hairs at the back of my neck lift.

Should I say something? Why does it feel impossible to speak!