Gio chuckles. "It's always been nice to hear."

Giovani De Luca was always an attractive guy, and he knew it. With his shiny chestnut brown hair, short but slightly overgrown at the front (enough for it to be placed aside with one hand), his tall build and confident stance adding enough to his sharp blue eyes, the guy was not short of striking features. Not to mention his cheekbones.

"How's uni been?" He asks. "You've just finished first year, yeah?"

"Yeah," says Sophia. "It's been great. I was a little homesick at first but my roommate helped me adjust loads, and I've been home a fair bit too. How's yourself been? The job at border controls?"

Stop rambling, Soph.

"I've been good," Gio replies, leaning his backside against the doorframe. "Border controls was fine, too. While it lasted."

Sophia raises an eyebrow. "You got fired?"

"Whoa there," Gio laughs, "I'm not that cheeky." He explains, "There were too much staff. Not enough money to go around. Because I was one of the newer, less experienced, members, I was one of the first to go. I got a generous severance pay, though."

"Even with there not being enough money?"

"Yeah, however that works." Gio shrugs, "It's a them problem. They still have my details, if they ever want to call me back. I'm not fussed. For now... I'm back here."

"You're back here," Sophia smiles. "I'm going to be honest, Gio, I didn't expect to see you back here. Or at all."

"Neither. Life works out in weird ways." Before the silence consumed the room, Gio asks her carefully, "What were you... um... doing?"

"Oh, I was on the phone to my cousin."

"No, I mean, like... when you were ransacking the place."

Sophia laughs, but it came out as a scoff. "I wasn't ransacking the place. It was already a state."

That made Gio grin. "Right, then I'm not quite sure what you were doing."

Sophia shrugs. "Looking for the staff rota. Can't find it anywhere, though, because me and you both know tidiness has never been my dad's strong suit."

The guy laughs. "Well, true. Another reason he needed me back. You're in luck though. I've got it."

Sophia frowns. "You have it?"

"How's that surprising?" Gio taunts. "We both know I'm his favourite employee."

"Your ego hasn't shrunk one bit, Giovani," Sophia grudgingly smiles, shaking her head.

Gio laughs, moving forward with his phone. "Here," he says, and leans over slightly. His tall figure shadowed her side as she scanned the rota, and she didn't want to acknowledge how close he was and that previously, this guy being this close, being this chatty, would leave her heart tingling for days.

"Looks like we're together in front of house Monday, Wednesday and Thursday," says Gio. "You're on KP on Friday morning, and bar Friday night. Damn. Your dad does not give you any daughter privileges."