"I am—was—supposed to be," Sophia sighs. "Sira's late. She's not answered my calls or texts either, but she's with the family driver Rico. I'm hoping they're stuck in traffic."

"You're cutting your flight really short."

"I know. I suppose a plus is that because I'm travelling with the national team, we get priority boarding."

"You're travelling with the national team?" Katherine's shock was not hidden. "Like, Lucho alongside each player of his roster?"

"That is what I have been told, yes. Sira and her family usually go with them too, and they have a spare seat. So they asked if I wanted to hop on."

"What about Maria and the family?"

"They're coming by public airplane. It turned out to be cheaper for a family of four on the plane. I'd have been a bit much extra — since my ticket has been generously discounted on behalf of Lucho. And because Rosie doesn't need her own seat either, she doesn't count in the price. Perks of being a baby."

"I wish life would be that easy," Katherine sighs.

"You're still in England, yeah?" asks Sophia. "They play Germany soon?"

"Yes and yes. The day after Spain and Croatia. Hopefully we both have something to celebrate."

"Me celebrating England winning? Never. You're a traitor of a Scot."

"A Scot who's life was spent in English boarding schools. Forgive me if I have some attachment to the country."

"I'll let you off," Sophia laughs. "Only because I love you and Stonesy so much."

"Good answer," says Katherine, before delving into her summer transfer plans for City— after swearing Sophia to secrecy. Somewhere into discussing a record fee over Jack Grealish, the door to the staff room clicks open, Sophia's head shooting up from the drawers she was checking.

Her eyes widen at the sight in front of her.

"Um, Kat," she says slowly. "I might... can I call you later?"

"Aye, of course," she says. "Text me updates. Love you."

"I will. Love you too."

Sophia puts her phone down, and takes a look at the guy who just walked in.

"Giovani," she says. "Hi."

Giovani.

Gio.

"Good to see you, Sophia," Giovani returns. "It's been a while."

It had definitely been a while. Oh, Gio.

"Nice to see you back here," says Sophia. "My dad missed you."

"Understandably so," he jokes. Hands in his pockets, Gio nods at Sophia. "You look good, Soph."

Sophia presses her lips into a line. "Um, thanks." With a slight smile she adds, "I'd say the same, but you've never needed anyone to tell you that."