Chapter 26: Hospital

Start from the beginning

His body is pale. He's hooked up to so many machines and his chest is covered in stickers. His chest that is slowly rising and falling.

I slowly walk over to his unconscious body. I take one of my hands and push his hair back, running my hand through it. I take his hand in my free one and bring it up to my lips, pressing small kisses on his knuckles.

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm so so fucking sorry. Please wake up. Wake up so I can tell you how much I love you" I whisper against his hand.

Nothing. Nothing but the heart monitor and it's steady beeps.

I gently climb into the space next to him and curl in his side. My head laying in the crook of his neck. I bring my hand and rest it on his neck, my thump rubbing up and down his jaw.

I'm so tired. I wish he was awake to wrap his arms around me. To hold me and kiss me. To hear him say he loves me.

"Please wake up" I whisper against him. "I need you Aiden" I cry into his chest. Snuggling closer him.

My eyes start to feel heavy and I let the darkness take over. I sleep. I sleep for the first time since I ended things with him.

In his arms, with his scent filling my senses. I sleep.
---------

Aidens pov:

I slowly flutter my eyes open. I hear a faint beeping sound and I feel a slight weight on my chest.

I smell her shampoo. Her strawberry shampoo.

I look down to see a mess of blonde hair on my chest. My heart speeds up and the beeping on the monitor increases. I bring my hand up and run it through her soft hair. I wish I could see her face. Her beautiful face.

The door slowly opens and Reggie and Rylee come in. They freeze when they see I'm awake then smiles take over their faces. They rush towards me and a glare takes over my features.

"Shhhh! You'll wake her up" I hold my hand up to them.

"Sorry" Rylee grimaces.

They sit on the chairs next to my bed and we sit in silence.

My mind wonders off to yesterday. She said she didn't love me. She made me leave. But she's here? Laying in this bed with me?

I don't get it? Why would she be here if she didn't care?

I don't know the answer but I'm glad she's here. Glad she's laying in this bed with me.

"How are you feeling?" Reggie asks me quietly. I turn my head towards them and give them a small smile.

"I'm good. I don't feel bad at all." It's the truth. My chest doesn't hurt anymore. It doesn't feel like I'm dying.

"That's good. You really scared us." Rylee tells me.

"I didn't know where else to go" I whisper.

"We're glad you came to us Beck, we were just so worried about you." Reggie tells me letting a smile take over his face. I nod my head and look back down at Mia.

After a few minutes of silence Rylee speaks up.

"She told me what happened yesterday." Rylee whispers looking at her best friend who's still soundlessly sleeping on my chest. I feel a knot form in my chest at the memory.

"I don't know why she said those things to you or what was going through her head when she did but...Aiden there's no way she was being honest. When Reggie called her she got here not even 5 minutes later. You should have seen her in the lobby, the girl was on her knees crying. She was going crazy. Begging to see you." Rylee tells me quietly.

I look down at Mia and feel my eyes start to sting.

Why would she do that then? After everything we've been through. Why?

No one talks after Rylee speaks. We stay silent.

Until Mia starts to stir from beside me. Slowly opening her eyes.

----------
🤍🤍
Boop. Another cliffhanger.
Yay!

See you in two dayssss!

A vote is appreciated🤍

Leave your thoughts and suggestions in the comments.

Thank you for reading hope you enjoyed📚