Chapter 14: Bleeding

Warning: abuse, blood⚠️

Aidens pov:

Dad: get home now.

I turn to look at Mia's who giving me a confused look. I can't tell her who it is. She won't want me go and it's hard to tell her no. I know I have to go. If I don't go now eventually I'll have to go back and it will just be worse.

I stand up and Mia scoots to the end of the bed.
"I have to leave" I say quietly not looking at her. I'm terrified of what I'm about to walk into. Mia gives me the look I didn't want to see. She doesn't want me to go.

"Why?" she asks nervously. "Who texted you?" She sounds scared almost. Why? I have to lie to her. I hate lying.

"It was Reggie. He needs me for something. I'll come back later." I promise her. She just nods her head. I pull her into a hug and kiss her lips. I hold her for a few more seconds before leaving.

I hate having to lie to her like that. It makes me feel like shit. She doesn't deserve it, but I don't want to drag her into my home mess. She could end up hurt.

I pull into my driveway and slowly walk up to the door. I hesitantly open it and I'm met with silence. I walk further in to see broken glass everywhere.

"Dad, mom?" I shout. My mom rounds the corner with a sneer on her face. She looks extremely intoxicated. She calls for my dad and he comes up behind her. They both just stare at me.

"Where you been at boy? I ain't seen you since you brought that pretty girl" my dad speaks with a disgusting smirk. His wife is right there and she's letting him speak about a young girl like that? She's probably do messed up to even realize what's going on.

"Iv just been around" I mumble. My dad apparently doesn't like this answer since he walks up to me an slams me into the wall. My mom comes up right behind him.

"You ever stay out for that long again, it'll be the last thing you ever do" she threatens me. I don't say anything. I know it won't change what's about to happen. They both start repeatedly punching and kicking me. Calling me names. I'm on the floor rolling in broken glass. Begging them to stop. Im starting to get dizzy.

My mom picks up a large piece of glass and jams it right in my side. My body explodes with pain and I let out a scream. That earns me more hits.

The eventually stop and they leave the house. I lay there in my own blood. I feel like I'm dying, I can't move. My chest hurts and it feels like my heart isn't even beating.

Before I lose consciousness one thing pops into my head that forces me to get up.

Her.
---------

Mias pov:

Me: when are you coming back?

I sent him that over an hour ago. He's been gone for hours and I'm starting to worry. He's not answering any of my messages. I decided to text Reggie to see if they're still together.

Me: Hey are you still with Aiden? I ask him. Hoping he is so I know he's okay.

Reggie: what? Iv been with Rylee all day, haven't even spoke to him. What? But Aiden said he was going to see Reggie. He lied to me? Why would he do that?