Affection

I'm looking at Freja and am speechless. She is gorgeous, you wouldn't have guessed she had four kids. Her skin glowed and her jet-black hair was styled to perfection, She had Allen's eyes and some features that I have seen in Simone and Gaby. She is a supermodel if you ask me.

The table was awkwardly quiet so I decided to break the ice first. "Freja... what do you do?", I asked looking at her with a smile. "Oh am an event planner. I don't do it for everyone though, I mean, my clients are high profile only... if you know what I mean", she said with pride and a fake smile. "That's nice", i replied. "What about you? Are you his secretary?", she asked surprising me.

I wondered if it was because of the way I dressed but I ignored it. Before I could answer Ambrose decided to chip in. "Victoria owns three supermarkets. She did it on her own by the way. I'm so proud of you", he said leaning in for a kiss. "Thank you Ambrose", i said kissing him on the lips. "That's impressive. What's it called?", Benjamin finally spoke. He looked like a quiet guy, his dark red hair that was cut neatly made him stand out more. He looked like an ok guy, except for the fact that he betrayed his best friend.

"The Central", i said with a smile. "How old are you Victoria?", Freja asked. "Am thirty-five", I said freely. "So young... So how does it feel?", she asked and I noticed a bit of hostility. "What do you mean?", I asked while sipping my wine. I noticed Ambrose getting uncomfortable. "I mean, it takes guts dating the son then the father. Did you like to plan it or was it just your luck? Because let's face it. They're both powerful men so it's either you have a charm that they can't resist or you're just that good at targeting your prey", she said with an evil smile. "Freja...", Ambrose warned.

"It's ok Ambrose. Well Freja, I hate to disappoint you. I didn't go out there and target Allen or Ambrose, I just met them. I dated Allen for two years and back then I was more of a mistress than a girlfriend. Am sure you're an updated woman so you've seen his online reputation. I had to endure it. I met Ambrose a year after breaking up with Allen. I didn't know they were related until a few months ago, Either way am glad I met Ambrose because he is an amazing boyfriend and my happiness", i said turning to Ambrose who was looking at me with pride. I pulled him to my level and kissed the shit out of him until someone cleared her throat.

"I can see that he is drawn to you by the affection you show him regardless of where you are", she said looking around us. I couldn't care less if people were looking at us or taking pictures.

"You know what Freja? People change, am sure you of all people can agree", Ambrose said pulling me in another kiss, making me smile. "I agree with that, all the more reason to be with someone their age", she said looking at me with disgust. "Oh, I tried. But we both know how that turned out right Benjamin?", Ambrose asked looking at Benjamin who looked so guilty that I felt pity for the guy.

"I tried dating and marrying my own age and I remember exactly what happened. Every comment that was thrown at me because I couldn't pay Allen's school fees on time or buy an anniversary gift that was worth it. I was basically a slave in my own marriage. I went to rehab for six months trying to regain my sanity while my best friend, who knew exactly what I was going through was showering my family with things I couldn't give them and my wife feeding toxic in my kids' minds making them hate me for being poor. So I think I'm good with someone younger with a mature mind. I think am ok with Victoria don't you?", he finished and for the first time I saw guilt in Freja's eyes.

It was like she was trying to say something but decided not to. "Excuse me. I need to use the ladies' room", she said standing up in a hurry. She was going to cry. "Ambrose, I'm very sorry", Benjamin said. "I will forgive you when you stop attacking my businesses just because she tells you to do so", Ambrose said making Benjamin stare at him with confusion.

"Fuck Ben! The food supply deal for the northern state? Did you even ask why she wanted you to do it or are you such a puppet that you would do anything for her without caring about who you hurt in the process?", Ambrose asked with a higher voice that I had to squeeze his thigh.

"I didn't know. She said she wanted her friend to have it. Am sorry man", he said looking disappointed at himself. "That's what am fucking saying. If you want this to work, stop putting your nose where it doesn't belong", he said calmly and Benjamin nodded his head.

When Freja returned to the table she looked pale and had puffy eyes. They said goodbye and left. "Well that went well", I said with a nervous laugh. I turned to Ambrose and he looked deep in thought. "Hey... are you ok?", I asked with my hand on his beard. "Yeah. It was just interesting. Brought back a lot of memories that I wanted to forget. Thanks for coming with me tonight. It means a lot to me. Your support means a lot to me", he said kissing my hand. "Of course baby. Thank you for inviting me as well. I can finally put a face to the name", I said with a smile.

"Yeah. I have no idea how I landed on her but all I know is I regret ever meeting Freja", he said with so much hurt. I pulled his face in my hands and kissed his amazing lips until he moaned. "Don't ever say that again Ambrose because without meeting her, you wouldn't have had your amazing kids. Even though I see where Allen got his ego from. He is a blessing too", My answer made his eyes water and my smile bigger. He knew I was right. "What did I do to deserve you?". "Walked in a supermarket and bought pasta?", I joked making him laugh.