Being Selfish

Ambrose's POV

I have been running through the vineyards since 5 am. My mind is racing in a million directions. 24hrs ago I was the happiest man alive. Finally on good terms will all my kids, having the best woman any man could dream of, and in the most romantic place, money can build.

I've been dating Victoria for a whole year. She has been nothing but perfect. I know I'm demanding and possessive but she has put me in line every single time. She is the love of my life. I thought I found love once, with Freja, even though I made sure she was happy. I was on the giving side but receiving it didn't feel right. With Victoria, it is completely different. I don't know, maybe am just a changed person physically and mentally but she just makes me feel like I'm enough. Like what I say matters. I'm so confused and I don't even know what to do.

"Hey, Dad! How was the run?", Raphael asked when I found him harassing his old nanny in the kitchen. "It was good. Stop harassing Reda will ya", I said then went to my room with him right on my toe. "Dad, can I talk to you for a sec?", he asked sitting on the sofa. Raphael was a quiet boy just like me, coming to think of it Simone and Gabby were the same too. Allen took after his Mum, the temper and the outbursts it was like dealing with Freja all over again.

"Sure... what's on your mind kid?", I said while removing my trainers. "I aah... I found Vicky in the vineyards last night. She looked pretty rough. I know it's none of my business but I think she's the real deal and if you choose to be with her, I will support that", his confession took me by surprise and my eyes landed on him just to be sure I was talking to my son and not an imposter. "Who are you and what have you done to my son?", I teased making him laugh. "Dad I'm serious. Just think about it ok? Someone with ulterior motive wouldn't look or sound like her, trust me", he insisted. "I will Raph. You have my word", I said heading to the bathroom.

"Where are your sisters?", I asked Raphael when I found him having breakfast with Allen. "I don't know", he said looking at his breakfast. Did I mention he was a foodie? Yes, he eats everything.

I went to their rooms to collect them but found both rooms empty then I heard voices coming from the room that was next to Simone's. "Vicky come on, you can't stay in here forever you need to eat", "I will just go ahead and I will come later... am not hungry anyways", "Look, we know you're avoiding him but I think talking to him is the best way to go about this", "Simone is right. You need to talk to him. Tell him how you feel", "I did but it didn't make a difference and I can not make him choose. Can we please not talk about this", her voice was dry, like she had been crying the whole night. I walked back to the dining room and focused on my breakfast.

"Have you made a decision?", Allen asked looking at his plate. "Allen, this is not the time or place for this", Raphael answered making him back off.

The girls joined us for breakfast kissing my cheeks before sitting on either side of me. "Good morning girls", and "Good morning Dad", they said at the same time. "Good morning Allen, Raph", "Morning", Allen said focusing on his coffee. "So guys I was thinking. Can we go for a bicycle ride around the vineyard?", Gaby said trying to lighten up the mood. "Sure. Am up for it", I said with a huge smile making hers even bigger. Simone accepted and so did Raph. Allen didn't say a thing. He took a bottle of whiskey and went to his room.

I was getting the bicycles from storage when Simone came to help me. "Dad, are you ok?", she asked and I knew what she meant. "Yes am fine my love", i said giving her one of the bicycles. "Dad it's ok to be selfish every once in a while you know", she said with a knowing smile. "What do you mean?", I asked pulling up Gaby's bicycle. "She loves you and you love her. What more could you possibly want the universe to tell you?", she said with a smile. "Hey... who's the grown-up between us huh?", I teased making her look at me sadly. "Dad, she's hurting. Do you know what Allen did to her? He brought this on himself, you don't owe him anything", she said surprising me. "We are ready", Gaby shouted from the patio making us stop the conversation.

I know Allen cheated on Victoria countless times because I've hired bodyguards to look after all my kids, I just didn't know that the girl from the reports was my Victoria. It's sad to see that she only knew the three women because those are the ones she caught him with. I know how it feels to be cheated on because the mother of my children was sleeping with my best friend. I don't blame her. She wanted big things and I couldn't give them to her and when I could, I found her fucking the bastard in our home when the kids were in school. And that's why I filed for a divorce. The kids don't know that and I don't think they need to.

We rode the bikes across the field. Made a couple of stops for Gaby to take pictures then finally returned to the villa. I went to the kitchen and told Reda I was cooking dinner tonight which made the kids cheer. I went to my room and changed. When I got back in the kitchen I found Gaby waiting for me. "What are you making Chef", she asked and I scratched my beard and settled for pizza. "What does Vicky like?", she asked making me choke on my saliva. 

"What?", I asked hoping I heard wrong. "You heard me, Dad. I want you to be selfish and make something that will remind her of you. She's good for you Dad and I want you to do what's best for you. I have never seen you as happy as you have been with Victoria so please don't let her go", she said with a smile leaving me speechless.