Chapter 13 - Fin

Cirrus left me without another word. Gosh, if I saw Papa now I would turn red with embarrassment immediately. Even thinking about it makes me embarrassed. I got back to work to try to distract me because well, what else am I supposed to do?

As the time Papa Nihil and Sister Impertor had to leave grew closer, the pit in my stomach became more unbearable. I was going to have to face him either way, so I might as well toughen up.

Yeah fuck that.

I hid. I went into my room after cleaning up as much of the house without bumping into anyone. I'll just pretend to be asleep.

A knock arrived at my door. I didn't answer. Another knock. I stayed quiet. The door slowly creaked open, "Y/n?" Aether whispered. I shut my eyes, hoping he'd go away.

"Ah, shit." he mumbled to himself. I didn't hear any movement for a bit until he left, closing the door behind him. I sighed with relief, hoping he wouldn't come back and would leave me alone for the night.

But of course, I was wrong. Multiple footsteps followed by another knock and intrusion went into my ears. "Look Aether, Y/n has to be there for Papa Nihil's departure. It's manners." Mountain said. "It's manners to let people sleep too." Aether countered. Mountain sighed, "Look, Sister Imperator will expect everyone working to see them out, and I hope you remember what happened when Swiss wasn't present last time."

There was quiet, then another sigh. I was shaken awake by Mountain, "Come on, we need to see Sister and Papa Nihil out." I nodded, slowly getting up and dreading to see Papa.

When we got to the entrance Papa Nihil and Sister Imperator stood by the open door with their bags in hand. Papa and the ghouls had been waiting for me. "My apologies, it seemed I had overslept." I lied. Sister Imperator chuckled, "That's quite alright." Papa Nihil took a breathe from his oxygen mask and gave me a smile- which was quite an uncomfortable one to say that he least.

"It was lovely having you here, Sister, Papa." Papa bowed slightly. All the ghouls bowed slightly as well, so I followed and bowed myself.

With one final goodbye they were in their car and headed away to an unknown destination. I quickly walked away, hoping they wouldn't indulge in conversation. I heard the shuffle of ghouls leaving as well and when I thought I was in the clear, I heard Papa call my name.

     "Y/n? May we talk?"

     The pit in my stomach became prominent again. I turned around and smiled, "Is there something you need help with, Papa?" He walked closer to me, "Cara Mia, I, I must know your feelings for me."

     A rose blush quickly grew on my face. "Ah, yeah. Well you see," I paused. What was I supposed to say? "Yes?" Papa dipped his head down, still looking at me. Oh fuck it. "I do like you. I think." I gave him a nervous smile. He returned the smile, "You think?" I nodded, not being able to form words from how nervous I was.

    He grew ever more closer, enough for me to feel his breathe hit my forehead, "May I kiss you, tesoro?" I subconsciously licked my lips, "Well uh, I guess so." I said, looking away nervously. His gloved hand caressed my cheek, making me look at him. It felt like it was only me and him in the world. Only us mattered.

     He looked down at my lips, slowly closing the gap between us. I slowly closed my eyes, taking in the feeling of his soft lips on mine. He pulled away, "Was that okay, cara mia?" I nodded, my eyes still closed. He chuckled, coming in for a second kiss. This time more deeper, more passionate then the first. I didn't know where to put my hands nor what to do with my mouth, but it seemed to not matter to him.

     He picked me up, taking me outside and to the garden, the cold air made me crave the warmth that came from his body. It felt as if the stars revolved around us only.

     He pulled away for a second time. I opened my eyes, "What happens now?" I asked. We sat down on a stone bench nearby, his hand in mine. "Do you want to take this further?" he asked. My eyes widened, did he mean sex? "Excuse me?" I questioned.

     His eyes widened as well, "No, no, no, not like that. My satan, it is far too early for that. I mean," he cleared his throat, "Would you want to become my significant other?"

     "Ah." I nodded, "Sure." I didn't really know how to react to this, but I knew I wanted to be with him. Finally. It felt like a rollercoaster coming up to this point, but now it was over. I could finally be confident in my decision. I still had some doubts, but I was willing to trust Papa on this journey.