Thirty-Two

Pietro and I were helping clear out the airport.

I was a Belgian malinois, nose to the ground so I could sniff people out.

It was difficult to do though, there were so many recent overlapping scents.

"Can you smell anyone?" Pietro asked me, I huffed, giving him a look.

He raised his hands in a defensive way, "Fine, fine,".

I found my way over to a bathroom, I could hear someone inside. I sat down at the door, signaling to Pietro.

He looked at the door then back at me, he opened the door and poked his head in. "Excuse me sir," he said, stepping in.

I stepped in with him, the man did not react, and instead continued to wash his hands.

"Sir," Pietro repeated louder, there was still no response.

Pietro poked the man in the shoulder, which startled him.

The man whirled around eyes wide to look at us. "Sir the airport is evacuating, you must leave," Pietro informed.

The man blinked a few times before pointing at his ears. He was deaf.

It clicked in Pietro's mind as well, "Let's hope he understands American then", Pietro muttered to himself as he started to sign at the man. Sign language was one of the things Clint taught him.

The man smiled delighted as Pietro's hands started to move, but frowned as he processed what had been 'said'.

The man signed something back, Pietro stepped forward offering him his arm.

"I am going to bring him outside, go catch up with the others," Pietro told me as he opened the door.

I darted out and started trotting in the direction I could smell Sam in, that was just as I heard a large crash. I started running now, that was before another scent caught my nose. There was no mistaking that one.

I could feel my bone realign as I got to the broken glass railing.

I could see a form near the window, just before it was dragged outside by a drone with a yell.

"Peter?" I said to myself in disbelief.

"You couldn't have done that earlier?" I heard Bucky complain.

"I hate you," was all Sam said in response.

I looked down at the pair, they were both pinned to the floor by... something... webbing?

I shifted into a cat before jumping from the ledge, landing on Buckys abdomen, he groaned as I shifted back.

"What the hell was that for?!" He demanded.

"Efficiency," I informed him.

Sam laughed.