Fifteen

"Okay Beast Girl, your brother and sister have agreed to let us," he gestured between Bruce and himself, "to get you ready for school." Tony announced.

We were in a corner of the lab that had a big table and a hologram projector. There was a stack of notebooks

Bruce stepped forward, "Wanda says you already know how to read English, is that right?" He asked.

I nodded my head, he smiled at me.

"That's good, writing shouldn't be too difficult then since you already know how the letters look and sound. I had Tony get you some of these," he motioned to the stack of notebooks, "To help with muscle memory for the letters. After that, we'll work on spelling. Does that sound okay?" Bruce asked.

I nodded my head again, Tony was messing around on his phone.

Bruce followed my gaze and sighed, "Tony, you can go,".

Tony looked up from his phone and opened his mouth to object, but a look from Bruce stopped him.

"Fine, let me know if you need anything," Tony said, putting his phone in his pocket before moving to the elevator.

Bruce watched him go, as soon as the elevator doors closed he turned back to me, grabbing one of the books from the top of the stack.

He grabbed two pencils, handing me one of them. "One of the most important things about writing, is learning how to hold your pencil," he informed, flipping the pencil between his fingers to show me.

It took me a few glances between his hand and mine to get it right.

He smiled patiently, "Okay, now this book is a special book, it helps you write your letters, but what you wrote will disappear after a few minutes so you can reuse the book. It also has a little demonstration of how to write each letter," he informed me, gesturing to the 'Aa' on the first page. There were arrows to show me how to write the letter.

I wrote the first letter slowly, looking up at him once I'd finished both the capital and lowercase 'A's.

Bruce smiled at me in response.