Chapter Five

03/30/2019, 6:00 p.m. 

Hours went by and Austin agreed to come tonight. I still had nerves flush through my body but had to keep it together. For all I knew, I wanted to throw up because Daniel wanted to talk about the awkward situation but Austin was coming over, my ex boyfriend. 

"Girls can one of you grab that? I think that's Franny and Daniel!" My mom hollered to us upstairs. "Yes mom!" Canella came running down the stairs to open the door to Franny and Daniel. 

"Well hello there!" Canella smiled at them, letting them in. They both said hello and greeted my mother too. "Where's Sadie?" Franny asked I could hear as I was finishing getting ready for Dinner. "I'm coming!" I hollered closing my bedroom door behind me running downstairs. 

"helllloooo" Franny laughed hugging me. "Hey! Hi Daniel" I hugged him. "Hey Sadie" Daniel said as we hugged. "So, where should we set up?" Daniel smiled at my mom and walked with her as Franny followed them. I walked into the kitchen to make sure dinner was ready to go because I was starving. I checked my phone as well to see if Austin messaged me as well. 

"On my way, see you soon -A" 

I smiled and felt butterflies in my stomach. But before I could think of anything else, I heard the doorbell ring. I started to walk to door but of course Daniel answered it. "Oh hello, we don't want your business sorry" Daniel said slowly closing the door. "Uhm, I am sorry but I am here for dinner" Austin chuckled putting his hand in the door to let himself in. "Hey Sadie!" Austin waved at me. I waved back and smiled walking over to him, hugging him. "Who's this?" Daniel asked me. "Oh I am sorry, Daniel this is Austin he was my boyfriend and then he moved away and now hes back" I smiled at Daniel. But Daniel didn't seem to like that because all he answered back with was "nice" heading to my mom and Franny. 

Austin and I chatted for a while about memories in this house, casually waiting for dinner, and Franny started to chat with Austin as well. She seemed to like him, like she approved of him even though he is not my boyfriend anymore. As we finished up our conversations and headed to dinner, Franny walked next to me whispering, "he's a keeper". I laughed and rolled my eyes at her sitting at the table. I sat next to Austin and Daniel was across from me. He seemed to be avoiding me all night and I couldn't help but wonder why. 

"So kids, how is life?" My mom smiled. "Tell me everything" 

"Life has been great, Daniel and I actually just picked out matching outfits for this weekend party" Franny smiled at him as he nodded and made eye contact me, almost staring at me for a couple of seconds. "That's so cute, are you guys officially dating?" I asked trying to piss him off because of how uncomfortable he was making me. 

They both looked at each other and right before Franny was about to say yes, Daniel said, "It's complicated Sadie, what about you and Austin?" He put both of his hands on the table. I looked at him confused and Austin looked down blushing. "We literally just caught up Daniel, what makes you think that?" I glared at him. "Well, I don't know, maybe because you have been all over each other this whole night" He mumbled enough to where only him and I could hear. 

"Is everything okay between you two?" Franny looked at Daniel and then me. "Yeah were totally fine" I smiled at her. "Right Daniel?" Daniel looked up at me and nodded agreeing with a fake smile. 

The night went on and Austin had to leave so I helped him gather him stuff and lead him to door saying byes and see you tomorrows as everyone else went outside. "I had a lot of fun tonight, but can I ask you something?" Austin asked looking down at me with his big blue eyes, that made me just want to kiss him. 

"Yeah" I stared back up at him. "Are you and Daniel a thi-" I cut him off and said, "Absolutely not, he is just weird and has been acting weird ever since Franny's birthday party" I laughed. "Oh okay, alright well I will see you tomorrow Sadie" He smiled and kissed my cheek. Making blush not being able to say bye to him as he left. I watched him walk down the driveway and felt one hand flip me around. I gasped and Daniel covered my mouth. I rolled my eyes and pushed him off. "What the heck Daniel" I whispered to him walking past him. 

"Can we talk?" He followed me. "Why? Actually you wanna know what I want to talk about" I turned around as he kept walking towards me. "What?" He stood face to face with me, touching the small of my back. "Why do you keep bugging me?" I pulled back and out of his grip. "You amuse me" He stared directly into my eyes. "I amuse you? Daniel I am not an object" I glared at him. "I just don't think you understand how enticing you are" He slowly walked towards me as I kept backing away from him. I rolled my eyes and laughed, "what does that even mean?" 

"Sadie! Daniel!" Franny called walking in on us. "Oh, sorry was I interrupting a conversation?" 

"Nope we just finished. Outside we go" I smiled walking past him grabbing her arm and leading her outside. 

I cannot believe Daniel just did that though. I'm enticing? I'm amusing? That's all I could think about as my mom and Daniel talked about the party.