Chapter Three

March 30 2019, 7 a.m.

As I woke up, I felt myself groan because it was Monday. School was finally back after spring break. I slid myself out of bed, grabbed my pre made outfit off my chair and walked to the bathroom. But the door was closed, ughhh Canella. She better not be in there. 

I knocked. "Canellllaaa!" I yelled. "What?" She replied opening the door smiling big. "Why are you so happy?" I gave her a dirty look. "Nothinggg" She giggled and looked down at her phone and ran downstairs. 

I shook it off and went into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I changed into my green crop top and black high-waisted shorts. I did my other essential's in my bathroom and headed back to my room to put my shoes on. Then I pulled my phone out and took a picture of my outfit sending it to Franny.

 Then I pulled my phone out and took a picture of my outfit sending it to Franny

Sadie- "is this me? do you approve?"

Franny- "Absolutely! So cute, good luck on going back to school! (:"

Sadie- "thank you so much! wish you still went to school with me!"

Franny- "I know, sometimes I miss going to school. Hey, quick question?"

As I saw Franny's reply, my stomach dropped. Oh no, Daniel told her what happened in the bathroom. 

Franny- "have you talked to Daniel at all? he came over the day after my birthday but hasn't really talked to me since and when he was here, he seemed super off and would only talk to Corey and the other guys"

Sadie- "that is so weird! have no idea, I don't have his phone number. so I wouldn't know sorry babez!" 

I took a deep breath and grabbed the rest of my stuff from my room and headed downstairs, my mom and sister were waiting down there at the dining table. "Good morning Mom" I yawned slipping into one of the chairs. "Good morning! Did you hear from Canella?" She smiled at me. "No? Heard what?" I looked at Canella. That's why she was smiling this morning.

"Dad's coming home Friday and for the rest of the summer!" Canella smiled. "What? Oh my god!" I said. Oh how I missed my dad so much. There is so much I need to tell him. "Yes! and Friday night were having a surprise party for him" My mom chirped in. "That is so exciting!" I danced a little in my chair. "Who's coming?" 

"Well Angelica and I are still making plans, but so far Franny and her friends. Some of your dad's old time friends. Granma, grandpa and well the Why don't we boys are going to perform that night for us" She smiled.

But my stomach dropped again and I spat out my orange juice. Canella looked up at me confused on what just happened. "Oh my goodness, are you alright?!" My mom stood up, giving me a napkin. "Uh, yeah but why?" I wiped myself off. "Well you know how much your dad loves hearing the boys sing and Aunt Angelica thought how cool would that be" 

"Yeah, totally." I smiled looking at Canella. 

"We should go to school" Canella said, she was the only person that knew what happened because she is only person that I could truly trust. 

We got into my jeep and started driving to school. "Well are you going to tell me what that was about?" Canella bumped my shoulder turning the radio down.  "Well what?" I asked trying to forget that I would be seeing Daniel again this weekend. "Well you practically spat out your whole breakfast all over the table-" as she was saying that I cut her off saying, "I don't want to talk about it" and turning the radio up. 

03/30/2019, 8 a.m. 

As I climbed out of my car, I heard someone hollering at me. Confused, I looked over to see my ex,  Austin. Blonde hair, blue eyes, and tall as fuck. "Hey Sadie! I didn't know you were still going here?" He walked over to me, hugging me.  

Austin and I ended on good terms. We just wanted different things in life, but since then we haven't spoke and haven't seen each other since sophomore year, he moved away and now he is back.

"Oh my gosh! Yeah I am! Hi how are you?" I hugged him back. "I am great! Hi Canella" He fist bumped her and she waved and left us behind. "So what are you doing here?" I looked up at him. Wow, he has glown up since the last time I saw him, he doesn't even have braces anymore. 

"Well, I moved back because my dad got a great job offer here and I chose this school because I was here all of freshmen year and sophomore year. So why not finish the rest of my senior year here where its familiar" he smiled at me. "You look amazing by the way" 

"Oh, well thank you. So do you" I stuttered. "Well, we should probably get to class right?" He chuckled rubbing the back of his neck. "Yes, yes that's important" I laughed awkwardly. "Hey before we go, would you want to come to my dads coming home party this Friday? I am sure my dad and mom would love to see you and your family" 

"Oh yeah, of course! Text me the information. I am sure our moms would love to catch up. I'll catch you later though" He patted my shoulder and fled to class.  I blushed and walked to class. Butterflies filled my stomach as I thought more of Austin. Did I still have feelings for him? I thought to myself.