Chapter 3: Puss' old wounds

He was shocked and surprised.

- You are a woman? - he asked hesitating.

- Ohhhh - a cat said putting its hand in the mouth.

- Wow - he said surprised.

- Amateur - I said to him while I was shaking my fur, I kept my knife and went away giving back to the back part of the place, I held the curtains, I opened it and before I get into, looked at him, he was still surprised.

The place where I was, seemed perfect to Humpty makes his plan. I understood he was the one who had to talk with him to join us, for that, he sent me to find him...
Speaking about Humpty...

- Good job Kitty, now I'm going to talk with him, it has to work, stay here for anything.

I was right, but ... it seemed very elaborated to something so simple, there was something more?. This egg had to explain me the true reason. I was sure this was something dirty.
I stay near, and I heard Puss' voice calling me in a seductive way, almost purring. That's the reason why he gained his reputation with the ladies and how many of them fell in his traps...then he said something about be kindred spirit

How many times he said the same to others?

In that moment, Humpty got in, for Puss it wasn't a nice meeting, even he damn him before he point him with the sword.
First Humpty was calm...until Puss talked about a betrayal, now Humpty was altered. It was going bad, so I decided to get in and calm down the situation.

- Humpty - I said him from the top and I went down - Remember why we're here.

Puss looked me and he realized.

- I should have known - he said and added - I had the magic beans in my grasp, and you sent this very attractive devil woman to interfere. You are a curse on my life!

Ha! Thank you for the compliment...

- Wait. Hear me out. Ok? He said to him. - Yes, yes, I sent Kitty to bring you here. But she is not an ordinary thief - While Humpty presented me, I show my hand and I took off my glove.

- She is Kitty Softpaws, the softest touch in Spain.

And I stole his boots inadvertently.

- That's a lot of heel for a guy, don't you think? - I said him showing him his boots. He was surprised again. I threw him his boots; while he put his boots, he looked daggers at me. Humpty continued.

- Look, with Kitty's skill, your sword and my brain, we've got a fighting chance here. Puss, come on, you of all people know that nobody's ever ripped off the giant's castle and lived to tell the tale. You want to survive? You need a plan. And I've studied this job my whole life. You know that. Let's be honest. Without me, you don't even know where to plant the beans, Puss. But Jack and Jill do. They're on their way - Puss seemed thoughtful and the egg added - We go up the beanstalk outlaws, and we come down legends. So what do you say? Partners? - He said persuasively when he finished his long speech.

- No. Never again - Puss answered him resentful, but he was resentful since a long time. He left without hesitate.

I looked Humpty and said him with the hand that he had to reach him. He went.

- I'm sorry, Ok?. How long are you gonna hold a grudge? It's been seven years! That's like 35 cat years. You need me! And I need you - He said to him, But when Humpty said that it took my attention, I mean, I knew that we needed to continue, but he said it resentful too...There was another thing?... I didn't know and I didn't care that, while he pay me what he promised me, and also this was a problem of them, and shouldn't involve anymore, but I didn't understand why I had that curiosity and why I was so interested.