Chapter 2: Chase and dance fight

I had to drive the rest of the way, and it took all night. We arrived early in the morning, there were some people in the town, preparing the festival's last details. We stayed in a lodging with bad conditions, but it didn't matter, I just wanted to rest, I was so tired.

In the afternoon, Humpty waked me, and I spoke him with unwillingly.

- What do you want? It's not night yet - I said to him sleepily and with a bad-tempered.

- I forgot to tell you something, it's a little plan- He told me with mysteriously, and I swore perceive a revenge brightness. I stay in silence to listen his explanation.

- This is more than a simple theft, I need you bring someone to continue.

- I don't understand - I said him.

How doesn't he go to the damn point?, he always had something new to tell.

- Look, we need more than agility to steal, and carry out this, we need this character who is good with the sword and fights - He explained me. That irritated me.

- Hey, I can fight so well! What do you think about me?! - I said him so angry, because I like to work alone.

- I don't doubt about your skills, we just need a wildcard, you need to stay alive to receive that golden egg. Believe me, not for nothing, they're the most ruthless of all Spain - Humpty told me.

- And why don't you bring him? - I asked him on the defensive.

- For a reason I don't know, he's upset with me, and he doesn't want to talk with me.

I resigned everything for the valuable gold...

- What do I have to do, and who is him? - I asked.

- He's Puss in Boots - he replied, in a way I couldn't recognize...resentful maybe? - You have to bring him to the Glitter Box, the most important thing is that he doesn't know about your identity, calm down!, I'm gonna explain you - he said me when he noticed that I was to interrupt him. - You'll have to go Jack and Jill's room, that's near, I'm gonna indicate you, you'll simulate a theft, he'll be there, I promise.

- Let me guess, tomorrow is the real theft - I said him when I catch the way this egg works.

- Exactly, it will be worth. Ok I have to go, in a pair of hours he'll be there, I'm gonna send you a signal for you get ready. The room is crossing the street, good bye - Humpty said and he left quickly, he looked anxious... that egg is rare.

While I waited for the nightfall, I went to "borrow" a cape, if they don't have to know my identity, that's mean I have to hide that I'm woman, I put me my belt and knife, and I get ready with my mask and cape.

I went to the roof to wait, and cause I need fresh air. I had a doubt, how Humpty knew that Jack and Jill will arrive to that lodging? And that Puss in Boots...I had heard about him, so much, he has many nicknames, and very known for the ladies, besides he's the most wanted, but something disturbed me, when Humpty told me about him...it seems like he was the upset with him, everything was very strange...

My thoughts were interrupted when a mirror's reflection reached my face, it was Humpty and his signal, I didn't notice it was dark and the festival was beginning.

In that moment I saw him, he was going to Jack and Jill's room, he was on the edge of a window while a dog barked.

I approached cautiously until arrive to lodging's roof, I heard him surprising, and seconds later the sound of claws in the window, with caution but fast. I went down silently, and I noticed that he made his shape in the window to get into, it was funny, but I didn't laugh. For my part, I opened the window roughly and I took a look, and just there he noticed my presence.