Chapter 1: A simple plan

That day I met that egg, was normal, but a little strange, well, not every day you find a speaker egg, or the way he found me. I'm famous for my job of thief; in the way I steal, People never have notice my presence and neither in the moment I steal, thanks to my soft paws. That's why I don't stand too long in an only place, but he was following me for a long time, I had no idea for what, until I figured out him, and neither knew I'll get into trouble...

How I said, it was a normal day, I was received my pay for steal "something someone steals to another", those typical problems I don't care.

Until he talked to me.

- Miss Kitty Softpaws, nice to meet you - the egg said.

- I can't say the same - I said roughly, I never trusted in someone, and less when I'm followed.

- Ah you're rude, it was true what I heard about you, but that's not the point. I'm Humpty, and I come to offer you a job so succulent - the egg explained me.

Cause I like to go to the point (and I wanted to go away from him), I said to Humpty.

- And about what? -

- I supposed you heard about the old story about the golden eggs, Miss Kitty... -

I hesitated a little, I was hearing about that, but I have no idea if that was true...

- Yeah, I've heard about that old legend - I answered him.

- Fine, I know how to find them, and who have the magic beans. With your skill to steal without a sound... we can get them - he said to me persuasively.

- And what I get with this? - I asked him.

- That's what I wanted to tell you, a golden egg will be your pay for your service - he answered me.

A golden egg? Not bad, remembering the things were a little bad, and I couldn't be so fussy... but...who could ensure that was true?

- And how I know you're not lying me? - I asked him with distrust.

- Good question, you're smart, that's why you do a good job. I was so closed to get that magic beans, but how you see, I'm not agile, those outlaws have the beans - he told me making a sign to follow him, and he made me see from the corner.

- Do you see that marriage couple? They're Jack and Jill, ruthless thieves.

I looked, and wow colossal pigs. I could see the man's hand was shinning, inside were the beans. Humpty saw my surprised face.

- And what do you say? - He asked me.

- I do - I said him thoughtlessly.

- But with a condition - Humpty warned me.

-What condition? - I asked curiously.

- You'll do everything I say, without protest - Humpty said to me.

I didn't care that, besides it was the first time someone say something like that. The most important thing is the gold.

- Ok - I said him shaking hands, closing the deal.

- We go right now to the town, where the Festival of the Fire will take place - Humpty said me.

- What?! But they're here, it takes ten minutes! - I said him surprised.

- They'll go there, and it's better take them by surprise. We'll attack them tomorrow at night.

Good point, I didn't say more and we went in his cart to the town. Later Humpty asked me to drive the cart, when I did it, I noticed that he was calculated something and finished disguises. Something was wrong, I didn't see the problem to steal to those fools, but I had already accepted, and I didn't recant.