Six

T'sanya walker toward her favourite part of the village and spotted Tuk, sitting on the sand guiding her hand through the sand. She approached the young girl and sat besides her "I hope you don't mind me sitting here" T'sanya spoke with a small smile plastered on her face, the young girl just smiled shaking her head "You are cool, I don't mind at all"

That caused T'sanya to giggle a bit.
She noticed Tuk still playing with the sand so she did the same thing and found astonishing seashells, placing them between her and Tuk "These are so beautiful" Tuk commented.
And turned completely facing T'sanya, grabbing the seashells one by one analyzing them carefully.

She glanced at the girl and back to the ocean "Would you like me to tell you a story?" she awaited for a honest answer which she eventually received from the young girl besides her "I would love to".

"Long, time ago there was a young girl, a bit older than you. She was apart of the Metkayina clan, she is considered special, a gift from Ewya. The sea was around her and in her, it was her home from before her birth and it will be after her death.
She was in the sea with her Ilu, she loved her Ilu so much, it was a part of her. She once went too far away, disobeying her parents orders.
That's when she encountered the sky people who tried to catch her, so she turned around and felt something wrong with her Ilu, she felt its pain, it's dying energy, they had shot it.
So she got off it and dived in the water dragging her Ilu with her.
She was panicking, so she swam back up with the Ilu, it was losing its soul she did not know what to do, after all she was still very young, a kid.
She hugged her Ilu tightly and prayed to the Great Mother, all types of emotions running through her heart and soul, refusing to let go off of her friend, she did not feel the Ilu's heartbeat slow down, she did feel her Ilu breathing regularly, although she had some blood on her upper body there was no wound on the beloved creature. She had healed it. And she understood that slowly, alone. She tried to tell what happened to her parents but they thought of her a foolish, but then she told one more person in her life.
The Ilu is still alive and so is she.
She is considered special by herself." T'sanya finished with a whisper, Tuk was left with her jaw open.

"Who did she tell?"

"You"

She noticed a smile growing on her face "So you can heal?" she asked her eyes wide, whispering in T'sanya's ear and looked at her "Just when it's necessary, when I feel deep emotions, I don't think I'm able to control it, but when I do, you are the first person I'm telling" she winked which cause Tuk to smile wider letting out a laugh through her smile.

A loud yell caught her attention and as she looked up she spotted four familiar people which three of them were going to get themselves killed "Stay here" she advices Tuk and got up, running towards them, noticing Kiri in the back, enjoying the scene, Neteyam and Lo'ak fighting her brother and his friends.

She walked to stand next to Kiri just watching them fight like five year olds "they're stupid" Kiri commented and on that T'sanya agreed "I agree"

Kiri smiled "I think we should interfere" T'sanya suggested at the sight of Aonung dragging Lo'ak by his tail "Let's enjoy this, it doesn't happen everyday".
Aonung was still dragging Lo'ak away by his tail while Neteyam was nearly going to ruin one of Anonungs friends face.

"Are you okay, Kiri?"

T'sanya asked receiving a nod from her and a laugh.
"I should've brought snacks" T'sanya added.

"You should've" Kiri agreed before someone interrupted the fight. Jake Sully.

- - - - - - - - - -

She accompanied her brother to their Marui by his arm making sure their father would not see them.
"What were you thinking?" she hissed as soon as they were in her room, covering the entrance with the giant leaf.

"Sit down" she ordered he did not move and spoke "They deserve that. You can't accuse me, you were just standing there laughing with that freak" she could not believe his immature words, sometimes she felt the eldest one.

She took a deep breath and walked towards him acting nice, but as soon as she was close enough she placed her hand on his shoulder where he got punched pushing him down on the wooden bench "Kiri isn't a freak, she is so kind . So are the others and yes I did stand there laughing with her because you guys were acting like dipshits. But of course you wouldn't know that since you been acting like a skxawng since they arrived. They are the nicest people I have ever met here. So stop acting like an immature teenage boy and start acting like a decent person.
And here I am making sure father doesn't see you in these conditions.
Because in the end our parents will be disappointed in me, not you me. Put this on and get out " she let her anger out handing him a cream made from a specific sea plant, he took it gratefully and started applying it.

"Don't cause any trouble. Rutxe"

With that she walked out leaving her brother without any words.

She tried to find Neteyam but failed, so she walked to the other side of the village and still found no one, she hadn't seen him since the day before.

She dove into the water and told herself that if she saw him good, if she didn't she shouldn't be thinking about him and just leave it how it is.
She swam deep into the water and thought about earlier, the story which is more of a real-life-event.

She trusted tuk into not saying anything but even if she did they wouldn't belive her. They didn't belive T'sanya herself. Let alone now Tuk.

She used to think of herself as fearless, but being fearless isn't about living without fear. It was about living accepting your fate in any type of situation.
It wasn't about seeming so brave and strong. Those traits come after accepting your fate.
And accepting someone else's fate.

As she surfaced she saw a dark blue figure on a rock and decided to join him.
She stayed in the water as he noticed her and smiled, his lip was cut and had a few bruises on his face. Ouch.

"You nearly got yourself killed today, didn't you?" she smiled.

"I know you enjoyed it" he looked away and back a her.
"Maybe" she tilted her head and shrugged as she spoke and signed.

"Why were you fighting in the first place?"

"They called Kiri a freak. Your brother is a dickhead, do you realize that? "

She raised her arms at her sides and acted confused even if she wasn't in the first place "Setting aside the fact that I am him sister from the day I was born, I don't think, no I don't know-, are you sur-" she was cut of by him splashing water at her face "I thought we agreed on not doing this" she yelled and he slowed down and stopped.
"I don't recall us agreeing on this, T'sanya"

"Well, in my head we did so stop it or I'll drown you"
He raised an eyebrow at her not believing she would or could ever do that. So he smiled at her.
"You could never kill me that easily, T'sanya"
At that she laughed "You think so highly of yourself, do you realize that?"

"Setting aside the fact that I am me from the day I was born, I don't th-" that time he stopped talking at the contact with the water, she laughed as she saw him having a hard time swimming back up to the surface and felt something tugging her down which lead to shut her from her laughter.

She the the smile on Neteyams face as he began swimming up to the surface, it was her turn to grab him by his ankle tugging him down, but failed as he swam up and she followed.
Once her head was completely out of the water her face was inches close to his as their laughter died, leaving the two of them in the company of silence.

He reached his arm our of the water and tucked a strand of hair behind her ears.

The only sounds that could be heard in that moment were the water, their racing hearts and their silent souls.
This moment was close to lead to something before Aonung arrived causing them to flinch backwards, disconnecting their hands.
He gave them a look before giving them the honest look he had before.
He was panicking looked worried, she couldn't tell if he was worried for himself of for another being.
"It's Lo'ak".

- - - - - - - - - -

.If someday the moon calls you by your name don't be surprised, because every night I tell her about you. - by Shahrazad al-Khalij.