Chapter 31 Light Into Darkness

Mary POV

"Tomorrow's forecast will be mostly sunny in the morning and early afternoon. But there will be a sudden thunderstorm rolling in for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Any folks thinking about flying that day should take caution." Said the weather reporter.

"Are we really just gonna watch the weather channel today?" Asked Lucy, she turned her head around to look at us.

We were hanging out in the girls dorm space, Susan was laying on the couch, Lucy was sitting on the floor, and I was sitting at the table reading.

"It's the only thing that we can watch." Replied Susan, "Or would you rather watch a soap opera?"

"Actually this is fine." She turns back around to the tv.

I continued to read as I watched the clock on the wall. We are supposed to be at the drama club soon so we can discuss the plans for the meteor. And also for the rest of the Drama club to practice.

"I think it's time to head over." Susan sits up and looks at the clock on the wall.

"Aww man..." Lucy groaned, "Just got a good spot on the floor." She stands up and stretches as Susan turns off the tv.

I put my book back in my bag as we left the room. After about a 10 minute walk, we reached the Drama Club. Jacob met us out front before going in. The production team were the only ones at the moment wearing white shirts and red pants due to them practicing.

I greeted Dom as we entered, "Hey Dom."

"Hey Mary."

I looked around as some of the club members were stretching. Then Sheila walks over to us.

"Hey Susan, Mary, Lucy, Jacob."

"Hey Sheila." We all said.

"Oh... I would like for you to meet one of our new members." Sheila stepped aside and a female lemur walked up to us, "This is Kitsu, she is joining the dance team."

"I'm Kitsu." She nods to us.

"Nice to meet Kitsu." Greeted Susan.

The others were interacting with Kitsu, when Louis entered the room wearing his white shirt and black sweatpants. He looks at me for a second before turning to the actor and dance teams.

"Alright, we are gonna take it from the top. This performance needs to be perfect for the audience to enjoy."

However, everyone in the room showed something I have never seen before. They looked tired or just not that motivated. It surprised me since they were all up on their feet in April when the performance was happening, but now it appears Louis's sternest has affected the group.

Everyone got into places, the dance team practiced their dance and actors as well for their part. Louis began to walk around, supervising everyone.

Dom called us over, "Alright, we're gonna prepare for our part too. Thanks to Sanu, we have enough materials to quickly get the meteor done. Which is why we're gonna be leaving soon so that we can cover it, wait for it to dry, then paint it. It'll be a lot of work but we've got this."

"Agreed." Said Kai and Kibi.

"Kibi and Fudge, can you take that box by the window of extra bulbs to the back." Dom pointed to it.

Kibi and Fudge nodded as they both went to move it.

"As for the rest of us, we can wait until it's time for us to leave."

So we all just leaned up against the wall as Kibi and Fudge moved a box and Dom consulted with Sanu. The one person who wasn't here yet, was Legoshi.

I wonder where he is?