From her parents to his work colleagues and some close associates that'd travelled from all over the world to see him, Madison knew that it would be a long, long time before she even got to talk to him.

"I... I don't want to go stress him further because...."

"Because you have so many things to say, right?"

A tear rolled down her cheeks as she began to nod shakily, her lips and hands trembling as she released a pained gasp.

"Oh, dear..."

"I'm afraid that if I talk to him or go there to sit with him, I'll wake up from my sleep and realize that none of this is real." I can't bear the thought of Damien still..."

"Shhhh, lady." Mrs Daniel cooed, but Madison continued to speak.

"...I'm just so scared, and..." She abruptly stopped speaking, and as another tear streamed down her cheeks, Damien locked gazes with her from the bed on which he was laying.

It was as if she'd called to him, or he must have felt her agony because his brows instantly creased, and he even forgot about the visitor he was talking to.

His gaze left hers and went to that of his mother questioningly, but just before he could open his mouth to speak to them, suddenly, some nurses and a doctor rushed into the room.

They were each holding some items, and Madison's eyes lifted when she saw that it was time for Damien's checkup already.

This brief commotion afforded her time to look away from him, and getting up from her feet; she said to Mrs Daniel, "I think we should leave now so the doctor can attend to Damien."

"Yes, we should." She quickly agreed at the same time, and Madison heard the doctor announce, "Everyone leave. We need some alone time with the patient."

Quickly, every single person began to file out of the room as she watched, and following closely behind Mrs Daniel's back, Madison made to leave the room when suddenly she heard Damien's voice.

"Doctor, I would love it if you could allow Miss Madison to stay here with me."

"But..." The doctor started to say, just as Madison swiveled around to face Damien, her eyes widening in bewilderment.

"I think if she's here, I would be able to keep myself well for these tests. Besides, don't you think it would be good if I had a loved one by my side at this crucial time?"

The way he finished the last sentence had Madison's defense rising.

He was using his sickness as an advantage to get what he wanted, and with the look on the doctor's face as he turned to look at her, his plan was working.

"What the hell are you doing?" She mouthed, but Damien ignored her question, his brows furrowed as he repeated his request.

With the way he was looking at her and with the doctor opening his mouth to something, Madison knew she was doomed already, and there was no way out of this.

Oh shit!

.......

"I would love to spend time with Miss Madison if she would agree." Damien repeated his request sharply, and the corners of his lips curled into a smirk as he saw Madison's stunned reaction.

For a while, everywhere was silent, and he could see her lips moving as if she was saying something to herself, but her words were inaudible.

"Doctor..." Damien called out again, his gaze lifting from that of Madison to the doctor, and the young man replied obligingly, "Sure, Mr Damien. She can stay with you if that's what you want."