Skipping Steps

Mini smiled, looking up at the starry night sky. She had come so far in the past year, and met so many people. 

      She was truly glad she had the chance to do it all.

      "Mini?" Rudy's voice echoed as he plopped down next to her.

     "Yeah?" She said, looking at him, slightly red from nerves. Should she tell him?

     "Can I pick you up tomorrow at three?" Rudy said, turning beet red as he realized what he said. He'd skipped a step.

    Mini tilted her head, confused. "But, you already come over?" Rudy flushed.

     "I meant, Yamini Kapoor-Lopez, would you do me the honor of taking you out on a date?" He said, looking at her nervously.

     "Uh...eep. I mean, YES!" Mini said, turning just as red as Rudy. They stared at each other for a second, taking in the other one's beauty. 

     Mini's eyes raked over Rudy, seeing his flashy outfit and realizing he had actually put on a tie for this. Whoa.

    Rudy looked over Mini, realizing how lucky he was. And how stupid he was for hitting on Shah at first. Damn, I'm lucky Aiden didn't kill me. Rudy thought with a chuckle. He was happy to have Mini. Or at least, a chance with her.

    They looked away, leaning into each other as they stared into the sky. It was truly beautiful. Rudy turned as he heard a soft snore from Mini, quickly realizing he shouldn't move. Slowly, he drifted to sleep as well. With a smile on his face.