13. Sectionals

Warning: Mentions of death, abuse, and PTSD symptoms in this chapter

"She'd be so proud of you, honey. You know that, right?"

When her father said those words to her as they celebrated her mother's birthday, Cataleya didn't believe him. Because she knew her mother.

Cataleya knew her mother would be worried about her for getting into fights and letting people get under her skin.

Cataleya knew her mother would be upset with the fact that she cursed recklessly.

Cataleya knew her mother would be disappointed in her for knowing the truth about Coach Sue leaking the setlist and keeping it to herself.

But Cataleya couldn't tell the truth about the setlist.

Not when it affected Santana.

So when Monday came around and she went back to school, Cataleya continued her act that she knew nothing about the setlist.

But as it got closer to glee club's Sectionals, it was only getting harder to keep up with the act, especially when they kept including her in many of their conversations, just like now.

Cataleya was walking to the guidance counselor's office when Santana and Brittany approached her on each side with their phones placed on their ears. "We just heard, who told?"

"Heard what?" Cataleya questioned as she looked between the two.

Santana shushed her. "Not you." Continuing her conversation with whoever she was on the phone with, Santana asked, "Why would I do that?"

Not wanting to get stuck in the middle, Cataleya tried to walk ahead, but Santana pulled her back before she said on the phone, "Sex is not dating."

"Who are you talking to?" Cataleya whispered but was ignored again by Santana. Getting annoyed since she had places to be, Cataleya told her, "If you're not going to talk to me, then let me go!"

The only response she got from Santana was an eye roll and her holding Cataleya tighter.

While Santana and Cataleya were having their conversation, they both heard Brittany speak up. "If it were, Santana and I would be dating."

All three of them momentarily stopped with Santana and Cataleya staring at Brittany, a bit startled that Brittany revealed the secret. But they were quick to recover as Santana stated, "Look, I don't want to rock the boat. Since Quinn got pregnant, I'm top dog around here."

"Ehh, that's debatable," Cataleya commented, which Santana glared at her for. Slightly intimidated, Cataleya was quiet for the rest of Santana's conversation on the phone.

Once it finally ended, Cataleya saw both Cheerios close their flip phones. "So are you finally going to tell me what that was all about?"

"Rachel's close to finding out the truth about Quinn," Brittany answered.

Cataleya's eyes widened. "Oh shit, that's not good. She'll tell Finn right away."

"Exactly, so we can't let her find out with Sectionals around the corner," Santana added.

"I mean, he has the right to know, but it should come from Quinn, not from Rachel." Hearing the warning bell ring, Cataleya got herself out of Santana's hold. Before she left them, she told them, "Well, make sure Quinn knows, so that she won't accidentally slip up in front of her. Anyways, I have to go, I'll see you two later."

"Hold up, where are you going?"

"Out. I got something to do for Mr. Ryan." Before Santana could ask more questions, Cataleya waved goodbye and left quickly, heading to the destination she dreaded going to.