11. Hairography

Now that soccer was over, Cataleya had to fulfill her end of the bargain: being a Cheerio.

It was her first day as a cheerio, so Santana stayed the weekend to make sure Cataleya was prepared. As they were eating breakfast on the kitchen counter, Santana was filling in Cataleya on everything that happened in glee club the past week.

"So you're telling me that not only did Quinn's parents find out she was pregnant, but they also kicked her out? And on top of that, she's now living with Finn, who we all thought was the baby daddy, but it's actually Puck?"

"Yes, for the hundredth time," Santana answered, annoyed that she kept repeating herself.

"I just want to make sure I'm getting it right," Cataleya replied. "Because that's wild! That's like the shit you see in the telenovelas (soap operas) your abuela watches. Wait, and how do you know all this?"

"Puck told Mercedes, and then she told all of us when we were practicing for the ballad," Santana answered.

"And how's Rachel staying quiet about this? Isn't she in love with Finn? I feel as though she would've told him."

"She doesn't know," Santana revealed. "She was too busy following Mr. Schue like a stage five clinger."

"That's who she was in love with!?" Cataleya remembered when Kurt came to her locker telling her she wouldn't be able to guess who Rachel's new crush was. After hearing who it was, he was right.

"What the hell goes on in glee club? You guys are messy." Cataleya responded after a minute of being speechless from the shock.

"Don't group me with them. But yeah, they are, and it's just so entertaining to watch."

"Yeah, for you," Cataleya emphasized. "But once Finn finds out, hell will break loose."

"Well, he won't find out from us," Santana remarked, and Cataleya looked at her disapprovingly.

"Really? Nah, that's fucked up. Someone needs to tell him."

"Tell who what?"

Cataleya and Santana's eyes widened when they heard Cataleya's dad walk into the kitchen. Santana gave Cataleya a pleading look, so Cataleya came up with an excuse.

"Nothing, just that you're the best." It was the best she could do in such a short time frame.

Charles glanced at the two suspiciously. "I have a feeling that something is going on here. But I'll let it slide for now because if we don't leave right now, you two are going to be late, so chop chop!" He said as he threw the keys to Cataleya.

Cataley looked at the clock and saw they had plenty of time left. "Wait, but we still have like 15 minutes left."

"Not if I'm making you parallel park once we get to your school." Her father replied which got a groan from Cataleya. While Cataleya wasn't a bad driver, she did suck at parking, especially parallel parking.

"Look, I know you hate it, but you need to practice. Your test is coming up, and you won't pass if you can't parallel park." Her dad reasoned.

After letting out a sigh, she said, "Well, I guess we should get going then because I'm going to need all the time I can get." Then with fake enthusiasm, she said, "And I can't be late for my first cheerio practice."

~~~~~~~~~~

After successfully parallel parking the car after the fifth attempt, Cataleya headed to the gym with Santana for practice. She felt many of the Cheerios' eyes on her. She couldn't tell if it was because they didn't expect to see her in a Cheerio uniform or because of the numerous bruises on her body from the game.