6. Vitamin D

"I can't believe they didn't want to do cornrows! Or even feathers!" Kurt whined.

Practice ran late for both the football team and the girls' soccer team. So, Kurt and Cataleya walked together as they left the field. At the moment, Kurt was complaining about the guys in glee club, specifically about their upcoming competition.

"Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm on the guys' side." Kurt looked at her as if she was a traitor. "Kurt, you do have a tendency of going overboard. I mean come on, cornrows and exotic bird feathers while singing a rock and R&B mash-up!?"

"I don't see the problem with that." Kurt said defiantly.

Cataleya decided to try a different approach. "Kurt, at the end of the day, the majority of the guys have a simple style. Even if they wanted to, they wouldn't have the confidence to pull it off like you. So, how about you do it simple this time then little by little work up to the feathers?" She was trying to get him to compromise.

"But what about the cornrows?"

"Kurt, give that one up. That's a lost cause."

"But!" Cataleya shook her head, silently telling him that it was a done deal. "Fine! This is why I should've been with the girls! At least my ideas would have been considered."

It was true; they would've appreciated his sense of creativity. "But look on the bright side, you know the boys better now than you did before!"

Kurt scoffed. "Please, it's just awkward silence, which is why I only speak to Artie honestly." Cataleya was about to ask about Mike and Matt, but then she saw the two of them together.

"How about we change that then?" she asked Kurt, who tilted his head in confusion. "Hey Mike and Matt!" she shouted, which got the boys' attention.

"Cataleya, what are you doing!?" Kurt whisper-yelled. But Cataleya wasn't listening to him; she was busy gesturing to the boys to come over to where she and Kurt were standing, which they did.

Once they got close enough, they exchanged hellos. "So, you feel like you guys got a good shot at winning tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I think we got this!" Matt answered optimistically.

"Usually I'm for the girls, but knowing who your judge is, you might win."

"Not this again." Kurt muttered. Both boys looked at Kurt puzzled since Mr. Schue didn't tell anyone who the judge would be. "She thinks it's Miss Pillsbury."

"And for good reason!" Cataleya interjected. "So it's obviously someone who works at the school. Judging by the fact that Mr. Schue is a man-child who spends way too much time trying to fit in with the students rather than with his colleagues, I'm guessing it's Miss Pillsbury since she's like one of the few teachers I ever see him talk to. Another choice could be your Coach, but come on, do you honestly think he would say yes to it? The man could care less about his job, much less some club that doesn't benefit him whatsoever. So, that just leaves Miss Pillsbury as your only option. With that being said, you might have a shot since women her age tend to love Bon Jovi; they get all hot and bothered for them. Let's not forget that she most likely has higher expectations of the girls than of you boys. So if you exceed them, you can possibly win." Cataleya was out of breath by the end of her deduction.

Both boys stared at her with a mixture of surprise, concern, and confusion. "What? I like figuring shit out."

"You see what I have to deal with?" Kurt told them, which the boys smiled at.

"I feel for you Kurt, hang in there." Mike said jokingly. He then turned to Cataleya with a playful glint in his eyes. "But Cataleya, how did you know we're doing Bon Jovi?"