Who really are you? 🪄

The next day

The day went by quickly. Namjoon and I started hanging out with each other as friends. He even lent me some of his books for studying that I didn't have, so I was grateful.

Since he was interested in where I get my Math lessons from, I told him honestly that I just pay close attention in Math classes since I never had textbooks for Math and he believed it.

So, no more questions finally.

After the last bell, I left school and walked to my workplace ready to work.

I was about to enter, when I suddenly remembered what Jin said.

Aish, now what do I do?

I then walked away from the place and took an evening stroll.

I passed by the amusement park and remembered the money.

I should probably get it back, so she stops bothering me.

I then mustered some courage and walked in ready to find that con artist.

I held my backpack straps as I looked around, but there was no one in sight.

Did he take the money? Aish, I knew it. I shouldn't have left like that. Oh, what should I do now? I'm gonna be humiliated at school because of this.

Tears started welling up in my eyes as I regretted my choices.

"Why are you crying?" a familiar voice suddenly asked.

I immediately looked up and saw him just standing near the merry-go-round.

I then sniffed and asked "Who really are you?"

He then walked closer to me and gave a warm smile "Do you believe in magic?"

He suddenly asked making me give him a weird look.

There he goes again with his magic. Is he drunk or something?

I wiped my tears and asked "First answer me, who really are you? Are you a con artist? Why do you keep on asking that question? Do I believe in magic? No, I don't. It's stupid and false. This is reality not fantasy"

He just chuckled "I knew you'd say that, so should I prove it to you?"

What is he saying? I just want the money back and leave.

"Only on one condition," I held up my index "Return the money you took"

"You just want the money?" he asked and I nodded "I won't come back here after you return it and I won't be a bother anymore. I just want it back so I can return it to its rightful owner"

"Owner?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes, owner. I took the money when no one was watching and I never knew it had an owner. Later on, the owner found out and now has a video of me stealing the money, so I just want to return the money in order to settle the problem"

I confessed, but I didn't care whoever he was. I just wanted to return the money to her.

"You're really a good girl, huh?" he complimented making me baffled "Okay, I'll give you the money back also on one condition" he smirked.