the suicide plan I

Start from the beginning

When the elevator doors rang and signaled that they were approaching the top floor, Leia's foot was the first out as she stomped across the rows of office cubicles. Papers scattered along the floor as she caused a mess, her demeanor relentlessly full of rage. The two men followed closely behind, nonchalantly walking at a synchronous speed. The office workers were staring intently, full of ghastly expressions as they approached the office labeled "Washijou Tanji, Head Detective".

The office was blocked off with shutter blinds from the inside, but there was still a slight peek through to where Leia noticed Detective Washijou was not present. In fact, his office was empty. She placed her hand on the doorknob and noticed it wouldn't budge, indicating it was locked.

Leia sighed to herself and took a second of silence, then eventually kicked open the door, breaking the top hinge. The employees around her gasped in horror as she damaged part of the building, but it wasn't much thought in her mind. She thought this moment was probably the most eventful part of their whole career.

Some men dressed in uniform started to run towards Leia to stop her from entering further, but Kenma and Kita began to push back against the men trying to interfere. With one shove back, the men in uniform came toppling down like chess pieces, knocked over in one single blow.

While the two men were taking care of the employees, Leia stepped into Detective Washijou's office and scoured around. The most obvious observation was that his office was empty. It wasn't a huge office; in fact, it was only around fourteen square meters. But that raised the question of where could he possibly be?

Leia searched around his desk, looking for some context clues until her eyes caught a hold of a planner. Without hesitation, she flipped through the pages and landed on today's date with a sticky note attached; boldly labeled he would be in an evening meeting with the Mayor of Tokyo and the Chief of Police.

'Perfect', she thought. 'Might as well kill three birds with one stone.'

Before she left his office, her eyes caught a quick glance at some photos on his desk. To her surprise, she saw a very familiar face framed with Detective Washijou—no other than her ex-boyfriend, Ushijima Wakatoshi. He was pictured with his father on the left and the detective on the right. Leia always knew Ushijima's father was a cop, but she didn't know how close his relations were to the detective responsible for the arrest of her own unborn child's father.

She pushed that thought in the back of her mind before stepping out into the main lobby floor again, noticing several men trying to wrestle with Kenma and Kita. In the end, they were no match for the guerilla tactic combat skills of the yakuza men.

Leia scanned the room until her eyes landed on a quivering female employee, desperately grasping the walls of the office, trying to find a way to escape the situation.

"You," Leia's voice boomed across the lobby, pointing her finger straight at the trembling woman. "Where is the meeting room?"

"T-The wha—?" The woman stuttered, noticing all eyes were on her now after Leia pointed her out.

"The location of the room where Detective Washijou is meeting with the Chief of Police and the Mayor."

The woman looked sickly and pale with how much pressure was being put on her; the sweat beads on her forehead collecting and dropping along her face, sweltering her appearance. She was quiet for a moment, up until Leia grew impatient.

"I'm not going to repeat myself again."

Leia's tone was deep and intimidating, noting she was not in the mood for playing games. By this time, all eyes were on her and the female employee. The woman began to stutter again, slowly raising her trembling finger and pointing it up to the ceiling.