the suicide plan VI

October 1st — one day before Iwaizumi's initial consciousness

"Look, he's opening his eyes!"

Kuroo's eyes began to flutter awake, slowly adjusting to the harsh white lighting of the room. He squinted, trying to make out the four figures standing around him. While opening his mouth, the blurriness of the small woman in front of him transitioned into a clear image of Leia, smiling like a child in a candy shop.

"Baby!" She exclaimed, immediately rushing to hug him.

"Careful now, he just had surgery." Sakusa spoke up, taking his hand out of his pocket to interfere. He stood at the end of his bed next to Kita, crossing his arms over his chest with a smile on his face.

"It's just a couple stitches," Leia reassured, still holding on to Kuroo. "I'm sure he can handle it."

He tried to quickly get up, but he was restrained by multiple wires and tubes attached to his body.

"Woah, woah, slow down, Mr. Kobayashi." Kenma smiled as he sat on a chair pulled up next to Kuroo's bed, situated on the opposite end of Leia. Kuroo thought to himself, 'Who's Mr. Kobayashi?'

"W-Where am I?" Kuroo hazily asked, scanning his eyes around the room.

"You're in the hospital," Leia responded, holding Kuroo's hand in place. "You're a free man, now."

It had only been ten hours since their operation. Kuroo had awoken first, with Oikawa still in a deep slumber just a few feet in another hospital bed. The room was bright from the fluorescent white lights on the ceiling, as well as from the bright sky shining through the window. The smell of sanitizer clouded his nose as he took a deep breath, exhaling out all of his nerves that previously built up within the past few hours.

Kuroo was wearing a blue hospital gown with the grip socks placed on his feet, no longer restrained by the dull gray prison uniform he was forced to wear for the past six months. He was grateful enough to see color in his life again.

"Am I dreaming?" He asked, looking straight at Kita. "There's no way you all are real right now."

"Jeez, DK. Ain't no way you got amnesia just from stitches?" Kita taunted with the rest of the crew laughing along. It was the first time he'd seen Kita without his Inarizaki Bois hoodie, as he just had on a plain and simple black t-shirt, along with black cargo pants.

Kuroo stared at the framed picture of a tree on the wall, trying his best to recollect what had happened last night. The last thing he remembered was cutting himself across his lower abdomen and immediately falling to the ground. He recalled screaming for the guards before he ultimately blacked out, falling out of consciousness.

"If you're looking for Tooru—erm, I mean, Mr. Okumura," Leia corrected herself, pointing in the direction of Oikawa asleep on the hospital bed to the right of him, hooked up to IV fluids and an EKG monitor. "He's still asleep. He got off worse than you."

Kuroo turned his head to the right and saw Oikawa soundly asleep in the bed next to him just a few feet away, separated by two nightstands and an open curtain in between them. He remembered Oikawa had deviated from the protocol and stabbed himself in his abdomen instead of just cutting himself superficially.

"Knock knock," a familiar voice called out from the entrance of the room, with no other than Dr. Takeda carrying a clipboard in his hands. The four of them welcomed him in, greeting him with a deep bow each to show their utmost respect, one by one.

Dr. Takeda was the star of the show in terms of hospital cooperation as he risked his entire career just to help Kuroo and Oikawa escape prison. A deep bow was just the bare minimum from them to show their respect, as well as their gratitude and appreciation. As per usual, Dr. Takeda was very humble about it, trying to downplay the praise he received.